VaynerMedia is a global creative & media agency built for the now. Born in social our work is now full service, simply loving big ideas that connect & create real change for our clients business. We are independently owned, founded in 2009 with offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney & Mexico City. And were not too bad at what we do, with our work winning in Cannes Lions, the Clios, D&AD, The Webbies & were named Ad Ages breakthrough agency of the year.
Here in The Netherlands we have huge ambitions. Weve doubled in size over the last year in our EMEA hub in London & broadened both our client list & the kind of work were doing for them & its now time to take charge of this market. Our roots are in social & we love it - its where we get to understand different audiences, to experiment, to gain insight & to see how people really engage & respond to ideas.
We are creative & media in equal measure because both are equally important in developing effective communications. A lot of our work in-house (with our own production, edit & motion teams) because execution is key to effectiveness. We believe 100% that brands can be built on digital platforms & part of our model is built bottom up, flipping the traditional advertising model & process on its head. We dont play to agency/industry norms & our culture & energy reflects that.
Were looking for an experienced Account Director to become one of the founding members of our newly established Netherlands office, based out of Amsterdam. A keen understanding & love of social media are a must. You will have exceptional client service & people skills to lead our flagship client in The Netherlands, plus help support other new client wins in the pipeline. You must LOVE all things social, especially TikTok, already on multiple platforms & be passionate about the role social can play in building brands & connecting to audiences in an authentic way. This isnt a role for people who like to take 6 months to develop one piece of creative. This is an always on role that moves daily & will put you at the epicenter of culture.
Your accounts will see you providing insights-driven strategies & creative guidance whilst mentoring your teams & strengthening client & partner agency relationships both here & across EMEA.
The task at hand:
- Deliver best-in-class client services, creative & social media expertise for this fast paced e-tailer.
- This is an opportunity to flex both your strategic & creative skills, whilst also aiming to grow the agencys remit across this well known brand plus .
- Inspire, motivate, & mentor your Client Service team.
- Help support the team in driving new business in The Netherlands & across Europe
- Partner with clients & stakeholders to truly understand their needs & the pressures on them - to develop a trusting relationship & ensure we deliver strong results. (Our clients challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly individual market conditions, & the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
- Guide & contribute to the development of strategic recommendations, creative ideas & deliverables.
- Working closely with your clients other agency partners to make help drive growth & protect our workstreams
- Be well versed in the various comms opportunities across the marketing mix, including Paid Media & Measurement opportunities in social & digital (media most relevant to Hydrow where we manage media as well) , to provide client recommendations on the proper channels & KPIs, based on brand-specific goals.
- Identify & help sell-through incremental opportunities to clients that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing spend.
- Collaborate with the team leaders in other departments & across markets (Strategy, Creative, Production, Project Management, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve & execute on client deliverables, process, & output.
- Contribute to the continued growth & stability of VaynerMedia, by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today & tomorrow
- Evangelise the work we are doing both internally & externally.
- Taking the drivers seat & pushing the work forward, with a relentless focus on the details
- Having regular 1-2-1s & spending as much face time (virtually or IRL) with the clients to help spot & drive incremental account opportunities.
- Partner with the Account, Strategy, Media & Creative leads to ensure client expectations, creative vision, & agency needs are met from briefing through final delivery on projects
- Tracking financial progression working closely with the PM team, ensuring it is shared & assessed.
- Constantly identifying risks & solutions - being the problem solver in ensuring we remain agile & strategic throughout the project lifecycle
- Be heavily client-facing to help drive a trusted advisor relationship.
- Provide motivation & mentorship to the AM team as it grows & be the first point of escalation for issue/conflict resolution on all projects
- Support the Client Partnerships Director (in London) to help monitor your juniors, providing regular feedback to help drive their development
- Support Head of Client Partnerships to continually match & optimise skill-level/experience & aspiration of the account managers to the needs.
- Keep VaynerMedia values at the core
- New business & PR support for the wider agency e.g case studies, award entries & pitch development for the department
- Grow relationships, have fun & participate in VaynerMedia social engagement
- Previous experience managing working on a retail account & managing a portfolio of brands
- Leadership, management & mentorship skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- TTL experience
- Hands-on experience & ownership of complex strategic & creative projects, requiring senior stakeholder management
- Ability to recognise & solve potential problems, escalate issues or conflicts & continually evaluate project effectiveness.
- Manage overall quality of the agency output & management for the account
- Strong communication skills & an impressive attention to detail
- A cool, calm & collected approach to problem-solving
- Ability to thrive & remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Strong self-awareness & people-management skills
- Understanding of key channels including relevant social media platforms & an ability to drive the latest platform thinking into the work.
How we will support you:
We know talent is our most important asset & our people guide our work & our culture. The last year has challenged us like nothing before, & we are committed to providing the support & flexibility needed for people to do their best work & have fun doing it. We are an open minded bunch & we value diversity of thought & experience. Every person we hire will make us a more creative, innovative & happier agency. You are always welcome to bring an idea or opinion to our work & our ways of working.
We have newly launched an entity in Europe with Amsterdam being our first office in EMEA. We are currently in the process of reviewing our benefits offerings & are committed to providing a comprehensive programme for our people.
VaynerMedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that VaynerMedia provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members & job applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part time or fixed term employment, age or any other legally protected class.
This role is a full time role based in Amsterdam, candidates must be authorised to work in the Netherlands.