Community Partnerships Manager
As our Community Partnerships Manager, you will own & drive relationships with key institutional community partners throughout NYC. In doing so, you will increase the number of New Yorkers who have high need & high potential to access the Pursuit program. You will work collaboratively with the Growth Director to develop a partnership strategy & work with stakeholders across the NYC ecosystem. You will also engage directly with potential candidates serving as their connection point with Pursuit & ensuring a high-quality recruitment experience.
- Develop partnerships strategy, working with the Director of Growth
- Assess & prioritize partnerships based on analysis of efficacy & strength
- Implement recruitment partnership strategy (includes leading info sessions to partner communities & prospective applicants)
- Source, manage, & grow all recruitment partner relationships
- Provide input & insight into developing overall Recruitment Strategy
- Implement & ensure optimal candidate experience
- 4+ years of experience in community partnerships, program management, community activation, recruitment, etc.
- Experience working with high-need populations
- Proactive & go-getter, flexible in schedule & travel to work with partners across NYC
- Outstanding verbal & written communication skills
- Data-driven (comfortable with Excel) & outcomes-driven
- Extremely motivated & inspired by Pursuits mission
- Education background welcome, but not required
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
Pursuit is a rapidly growing organization thats scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget & staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 35 & anticipate expanding our team to 60+ this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model that leverages social impact/program-related investments & earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel, & funding to create the foundations for national expansion & more broadly serve communities & cities across America.
Location: Long Island City, NY
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision & retirement benefits, as well as catered weekly staff lunches & free, delicious snacks.