Gimlet Media tells stories through audio. Our roster of podcasts includes critically-acclaimed shows like Reply All, Homecoming, Conviction, & The Journal. We make shows that help create a world more full of human connection & understanding. We are looking for ambitious, curious, talented, & kind people to join our team of top editorial talent. We come from diverse backgrounds, brought together by the desire to create amazing shows for listeners, & a shared belief in working hard, embracing creativity, & supporting one another. At Gimlet, good ideas matter more than titles. People who tackle problems with creative solutions, & who love the energy of a collaborative, team-oriented creative process thrive here. Were proud to have recently joined the Spotify family with whom we share these values.
In this role you'll help coordinate the production, publishing, promotion of Gimlet's new & existing programming, working closing with our Head of Programming, Head of New Show Development & Head of Fiction. As the editorial production coordinator, you will be responsible for working across departments to assure that production, programming, launches, & everyday editorial operations run as smoothly as possible.
What Youll Do
- Serve as project manager for all new show launches. This will include scheduling & running kickoff meetings where you will help to set & maintain a schedule of key milestones for show launches across fiction & non-fiction. You will collaborate with key stakeholders across marketing, sales, & engineering & keep all teams up to date on current schedules, strategies & best practices.
- When partnering on projects with outside partners, (other production companies or media organizations), you will serve as the main point of contact & ensure schedules & deliverables are communicated clearly & delivered according to our editorial standards. You will also be responsible for understanding contract terms & executing them, including ensuring timely payments to partners.
- You will work with our engineering & ad operations teams to assure the timely & proper set up of new show feeds & to make sure both internal & external editorial teams deliver episodes & marketing material (promos etc) in a timely fashion for feed set up.
- Work with the Head of Programming, Head of New Show Development & Head of Fiction to analyze & present the performance of Gimlet shows over time. This includes State of the Show meetings as well as performance of new show launches. To do this, you will gather, organize & share data & reporting about the performance of both existing shows & new shows. You will coordinate with key stakeholders inside Gimlet & at Spotify to gather data & collaborate on lessons in the data.
- Own Gimlet on-network promotion planning by collaborating with editorial, marketing, & engineering on best practices to schedule & carry out a regular cadence of promotion, as well as tackling new ideas & changes, especially around show & season launches.
- Meet regularly & keep open lines of communication with our Engineering Lead to coordinate show engineer staffing & keep one another abreast of trends & initiatives to foster collaboration & teamwork.
- Serve as point of contact for the scheduling of existing Gimlet shows. This will include maintaining the calendar of planned podcast episodes as well as coordinating with show teams on any scheduling changes.
- Communicate editorial programming schedule & detail to Spotify stakeholders. This will include weekly emails & regular document updates detailing Gimlets planned programming as well as highlighting specific episodes for promotion consideration. This will also include owning & maintaining Gimlets Air Table and/or other collaboration software.
- Prepare & distribute meeting materials for certain Editorial team meetings: including the new show development team meeting, editors meeting & other meetings tbd.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years of experience at a digital media or entertainment company in a project management or operational role.
- Candidates with a demonstrated track record of successful client management & project management are highly encouraged to apply.
- Incredible attention to detail: Youre able to have the overall picture & the minute details of a project in your head at the same time.
- You are process-oriented. You can look at a problem & think through the right process to solve it.
- High EQ: You are intuitive. You can work with many different people across many different capabilities & levels. Youre not shy about jumping into an existing process & coming up with solutions or potential fixes to process issues, & yet you take the time to learn & understand existing processes.
- The ability to speak creative & editorial but also business & marketing. You understand, feel empathy for & can communicate around the priorities of both.
- A proven track record of building & managing timelines & building new communication processes in an organization.
This is afull-time role, based in ourBrooklyn, NYoffices.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & a better product for our users & our creators. This is something we value deeply & we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.