Cohesity delivers the next-generation of hyperconverged storage for the enterprise. We are driving the next wave of data center transformation that spans both private & public cloud infrastructures. We consolidate all secondary data & associated management functions on ONE intelligent solution - including backups, files, objects, test/dev copies, & analytics - built on true scale-out distributed systems architecture.
Cohesity Raises Monster $250 Million Round
Cohesity (Founded in 2013 & led by Mohit Aron) is the leader of hyperconverged secondary storage disrupting a $60 billion-per-year market delivering web-scale simplicity for all secondary data from the Edge to the Cloud.
Cohesity is committed to continuous innovation, consolidating & simplifying the management of data centers & clouds. That's how we are going to help change the world." -Mohit Aron, CEO/Founder
"No Shortcuts" by Mohit Aron
Company Overview PDF
Network World Article
About our Team
As part of a world-class Engineering team, you will be solving some of the most interesting problems that will motivate & challenge you.
We are building massively distributed systems at web-scale. You could be working on: hyper-convergence, distributed data path, distributed filesystem, data across thousands of nodes, cloud services, asynchronous programming, performance optimization, scalability, software-defined infrastructure, consensus protocols, massively parallel & distributed data sets, scale-out architecture & more....
We are looking for experienced & exceptional Engineers/Leads who are up for the challenge of leading & building massively distributed systems at web-scale & solving difficult & complex problems. We look for exceptional minds who love to go deep & will do whatever it takes to solve big problems & step up to big challenges.
Cohesity is seeing rapid adoption in enterprises & the scale of deployments is increasing every quarter. Performance is one of the crucial components for providing a seamless user experience when running different workloads. It is the most highly visible & impactful areas that has a potential for defining the future directions for Cohesitys hyperconverged appliance.
Ideal candidate is passionate about performance, has an intuitive understanding of the limits of every layer in the hardware/software stack, has the intellectual rigor to reason about the theoretical limits of our software architecture & own the areas with the highest impact.
- Own & lead performance measurement & analysis efforts of one or more features of Cohesity platform.
- Work with the engineering team during the implementation & testing phase to design:
- Performance measurement methodology to benchmark the peak performance
- Customer-like workloads to characterize & tune steady state behavior
- Analyze performance bottlenecks, root cause issues, file defects, follow up with developers, documentation & other teams on the resolution.
- Able to derive meaningful insights from the collected performance data, articulate performance findings effectively with senior team members to evaluate design choices.
- Develop performance benchmarking & analysis tools & automate performance test suites.
- Analyse & debug performance issues in customer environments.
- Have a high bar for quality of the product.
- Creative, independent, self-motivated & willing to learn new technology.
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software & hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels).
- Good knowledge of Linux & should be comfortable with shell.
- Prior experience of programming, preferably in Go or Python.
- Experience with distributed systems (filesystems, databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.).
- Experience with systems performance analysis using techniques like CPU profiling, tracing by using standard linux tools.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus.
- Understanding of storage concepts is a plus.