Common is the nations leading residential brand & operating platform that designs, leases, & manages multifamily properties that appeal to today's renters. Through smart design & tech-enabled property management, Common delivers exceptional experiences to thousands of residents in coliving, microunit, & traditional apartments in cities from coast to coast. Founded in October 2015, we are the preferred choice for renters looking for a stress-free apartment from a trusted brand, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns.
We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. With over 17,500 units signed & under development & over $110 million in global venture capital investment, Common is expanding its reliable, renter-first property operations to 26 cities across the world.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
As the Director of Growth Marketing, you will own a multi-million dollar marketing budget & be responsible for optimizing it across channels in order to meet our aggressive company targets. You will also own our email marketing, bringing fresh new ideas to our lifecycle marketing strategy. You will be a key partner for other team leads, working with brand marketing, product, & sales leaders to drive cross-functional initiatives to ensure optimal performance throughout our entire funnel. Reporting directly to the President of the Consumer business, you have the opportunity to shape the future of Commons marketing strategy & will have a meaningful impact on our business from day 1.
- Own the execution of paid marketing campaigns, driving maximum ROI across online & offline channels, including search, paid social, apartment listings sites, OOH & more.
- Drive our SEO strategy, increasing high-quality organic traffic in partnership with the content team & our SEO agency.
- Collaborate with growth product lead ensuring consistent messaging & optimal performance of a complex set of funnels & paths.
- Own our email marketing program, working with the email marketing manager to run optimal drip, transactional, & broad marketing campaigns.
- Lead analysis & reporting efforts of our marketing metrics in partnership with our BI team, & be responsible for weekly & monthly reporting to cross-functional teams & executives.
- Work with brand marketing & design teams to develop messaging & creative to be used across our online & offline channels
- Create thorough & thoughtful digital marketing plans for our building launches, presenting them to RE partners when needed.
- Be a hands-on contributor, diving into day-to-day performance details, & launching new campaigns or making changes to existing ones when needed.
- Triage inbound marketing requests from partners, acting fast to determine & communicate the best course of action.
- 7+ years of relevant marketing experience, with a focus on performance marketing
- Deep experience working across a broad range of online & offline acquisition channels including SEM, SEO paid social, & OOH
- Experience with growth & lifecycle management strategies with knowledge of marketing automation techniques & email marketing best practices.
- Highly analytical with a proven ability to work with data to find areas of improvement across a complex marketing funnel.
- Strong track record of working cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience managing a 7-figure marketing budget working with internal & external resources & accurately forecasting spend.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bonus: Knowledge of SQL
- Bonus: Familiarity with SFDC
- Bonus: Real estate industry experience
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.