About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Strategic Analytics Associate to join the Insights + Analytics group within our Data team. The Data team uses data to create better customer experiences, enable smarter business decisions, & drive innovations company-wide. We do this by providing accurate, actionable analyses, building sophisticated data products, & maintaining a reliable data infrastructure.
You will develop an intimate understanding of how our data is structured & transform raw information into key metrics & intuitive, eye-opening visualizations that empower critical decision-making across the organization including digital product, marketing, operations, & culinary. You will enjoy an intellectual challenge, a high caliber peer group, & project variety often associated with management consulting, as well as the opportunity to see the implementation of your analysis. You will be a valued thought partner, helping the growing Insights & Analytics team define the best metrics to measure success & to devise & evaluate experiments that will meaningfully drive growth as we create the next great consumer brand in food. This is a highly visible role that has the opportunity to make a big impact on the business.
What youll do:
- Perform quantitative analyses to evaluate product launches (both digital & culinary), A/B tests & new opportunities to estimate expected impact/ROI & advise senior management on key strategic decisions
- Take responsibility for projects from conception to completion, with guidance from Insights & Analytics Leadership & collaboration with peers
- Monitor business performance & market trends & present this information to other stakeholders in live Looker dashboards & other presentations & reports
- Utilize proprietary data & other sources to better understand our customers, their preferences & their purchasing decisions
- Develop insights & recommendations & present to senior business partners including members of the Daily Harvest Leadership Team
- Participate in cross-functional teams & build relationships with key internal clients & business partners including Marketing, Digital Product, Finance, Operations & Culinary teams
Who you are:
- 2+ years of directly applicable experience in an analytical role in consulting, strategy, finance, high-growth start-up, or related business; E-commerce experience, especially within a subscription company, is a plus
- Evidence of analytical skills, problem solving, business acumen & strong logical thinking
- Experience with analyzing large datasets, such as transactional data or customer data for actionable business insights
- Technically skilled with Excel & SQL & willingness to learn other new software & tools; Experience with other technical tools such as R & Python & visualization softwares such as Looker is a plus
- Experience with designing & analyzing A/B tests is a plus
- Strong presentation skills & ability to effectively communicate complicated analyses to non-technical employees
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize with a proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving & constantly evolving hyper growth environment
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.