Build the programs to help Flexport grow
Flexport is building the first modern logistics platform connecting all the parties in global trade importers, exporters, trucking companies, ocean carriers, airlines, customs agencies, port terminals through a single, secure cloud-based platform. On this platform we help the world's fastest-growing brands moving goods between any two places on the planet. We give our customers access to better structured data about their supply chain than they have themselves, unlocking insights that are currently locked in PDFs: what youve shipped, what you paid for each individual item & what your costs are.
Our platform is built from the ground up, aggregating data from many different sources. We offer hundreds of different data points & our data model is constantly evolving as we continue to build the capabilities required to manage todays complex global supply chains.
Flexport is a two sided marketplace that on the one hand sells services to our customers & on the other purchases services from our suppliers. This means that we have many billions of dollars flowing in & out of our marketplace in an industry that still relies almost exclusively on PDFs & manual processes. Digitizing & then reconciling every dollar is a huge challenge that will unlock the next phase of hyper growth once solved.
The Billing team is responsible for digitizing & scaling the invoice ingestion pipeline. This is a broad but critical area that touches every invoice coming to Flexport & includes the systems & data that enable API integrations, ML based OCR, manual data entry & payment processing. Our business has outgrown the existing systems & in the coming years we will build a best in class platform to enable Flexports vision of making global trade easy for everyone.
- Be responsible for a core part of our business infrastructure: making sure that bills are expected & accurate, understanding our shipment costs, & generating actionable insights from transaction data.
- Design & architect data models & systems handling currencies, costs & payments to ensure there is an accurate & up to date view of the financial costs of the work we are doing for our clients.
- Build & launch products rapidly & incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
- Write & review code & be a role model for engineers at all levels on how software should be built.
- Tackle difficult & subtle system-level issues, emphasizing simplicity & long-lasting designs. As we extract services out of the monolith, we take pride in untangling legacy code & re-building with composability in mind.
You should have:
- 6+ years of experience writing software, & strong engineering background.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend & hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers & engineers alike.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- A desire to develop your tooling repertoire. We are tech-agnostic regarding candidate background, but our platform is built with React, Kotlin, & Ruby communicating via Kinesis, GraphQL & gRPC/Protobuf
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.