At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher.
Focused on building the core TpT experience where teachers come to explore & download resources to use in their classrooms. Youll work full-stack to build new features that enhance our users experience with search & discovery, creating & evaluating resources, & educating users about new product offerings.
As a Technical Lead - Senior Software Engineer within the Marketplace team, you will define & meet team goals through all strategic & tactical levers at your disposal. This includes collaboratively setting the vision & roadmap for the team, establishing technical strategy, mentoring & growing engineers, actively contributing to the code base, & driving on time delivery of projects. To succeed, you should be adept at collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders including product managers, designers, technical leads & engineers. You would help ensure that the right level of process exists to enable the team to deliver at high quality without slowing down progress. You are comfortable going deep on technical implementation & delivery challenges, while also adept at delegating to teammates as necessary while holding them accountable.
- Build an effective team: mentor & level-up engineers, drive impact for the business & institute the right level of process & clarity for the team.
- Be able to directly contribute to the execution of projects the team is building throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Own the velocity, quality, & reliability of the systems & products that your team delivers.
- Help shape the long-term vision for our Marketplace ecosystem.
- Take ownership & responsibility for producing maintainable, monitored, & highly available software systems.
- Own & deliver on engineering practices & processes that have an impact on the productivity & engagement of the team & the wider organization.
- Minimum 2+ years (preferred, not required) of engineering management experience leading high performing teams tackling difficult problems.
- Deep technical foundation that allows you to engage with & support engineers at the design & review level on major decisions.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate complex technical concepts.
- Collaborate with product managers, community relations, & other engineering leaders in the organization
- Comfortable with lean engineering & agile project management practices with a track record of successfully managing & delivering on large projects.
- Ability to move fast & iterate to create high-quality products using a data-driven approach.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.