BuzzFeed Videos Celeb Team is looking for a Junior Video Producer with a deep knowledge of celebrity culture & entertainment to pitch, produce & edit videos that feature celebrities, influencers, & external talent. Youll report to the Supervising Producer in NYC & collaborate with other Celeb Video Producers & Celebrity Editorial Leads. You should have lightning-fast turnaround times on video edits, the ability to juggle many different video projects at a time & work well with different personality types. You are a native of the digital & pop cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest & greatest in social media, celebrity news, & emerging technology/platforms. You also have a background in independent video production & an obsession with creating shareable, viral content.
- Film videos with celebrity talent both in-studio & on-site at press junkets
- Produce quick-turnaround videos, & keep up with a production schedule of 6-8 YouTube videos per month
- Quickly edit videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter
- Create new formats & ideas, iterating on successes & brainstorming fun content with talent
- Assist with last-minute shoots & packaging content for social channels
- Collaborate with the celeb team (coordinators, writers, video producers) to produce video projects
- Communicate & analyze your wins & failures to create more viral video content
- An insatiable love for celebrity, influencer, & internet culture
- Experience working with talent & shooting celebrity content
- 1-3 years of experience with video production, DSLR Cameras, lighting, editing, & producing content for a major media organization
- A solid understanding of project timelines
- A deep understanding of YouTube, Instagram, & other social platforms
- Experience running a full video shoot (pre-pro, audio, lighting, directing etc.)
- High-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere Pro, Photoshop)
- High emotional intelligence to give & receive constructive feedback in a small team environment
- Strong comfort level working solo as well as in small teams
- A positive, curious, fun-loving disposition
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. Please also include 2-4 pitches for celeb/influencer-centric videos that you would be interested in producing for the BuzzFeed Celeb YouTube channel.
- Attach a resume
- Share 2-3 samples of videos youve produced & edited yourself (Candidates without video samples will not be considered)
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.