PDT Partners a New York City-based quantitative investment manager is looking for a highly talented analyst to join the Legal & Compliance Team. This role is a great opportunity for a bright, hard-working, detail-oriented individual who is interested in learning about the legal & regulatory needs of a world-class financial services firm.
The analyst will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day support of the legal & compliance program, & working closely with PDTs team of lawyers & compliance professionals to ensure compliance with the firms policies, procedures, & internal controls. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational & communication skills, & will thrive in an intellectually-challenging & highly collaborative environment.
Why join us? PDT Partners has a stellar twenty-five-year track record & a reputation for excellence. Our goal is to be the best quantitative investment manager in the worldmeasured by the quality of our products, not their size. PDTs extremely high employee-retention rate speaks for itself. Our people are intellectually exceptional & our community is close-knit, down-to-earth, & diverse.
- Drafting & reviewing various documents under attorney supervision, & administering the contract finalization process
- Organizing & maintaining legal documents in various databases
- Handling the formation of legal entities
- Drafting resolutions & board minutes
- Managing the legal & compliance components of employee on-boarding & off-boarding
- Preparing regular & ad hoc regulatory filings
- Managing our counterparty due diligence process, which includes liaising with vendors & internal groups
- Coordinating meetings & training sessions
- Entry-level to 3 years of relevant work experience. We welcome applicants interested in a long-term career with PDT, as well as those committed to pursuing graduate school after 2 - 3 years.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (advanced knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel a plus).
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally & in writing.
- Thorough, conscientious, & meticulously attentive to detail.
- Highly collaborative, with ability to work well with all types & levels of people.
- Strong sense of urgency, with maturity & judgment to escalate issues promptly.
- Calm & comfortable in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- Takes ownership & holds self & others accountable.
- Strong academic background from a top-tier university (all majors welcome).