At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts Safety Team is looking for an exceptional communicator with a deep knowledge of & experience with customer safety issues to manage internal communications regarding escalated Safety incidents. In this role, you will align incident response strategy & communication between Safety, Communications, Legal, Compliance, & Public Policy for improved identification, quantification, & understanding of brand impact.
We are looking for an effective & creative individual who thrives in high-priority situations to effectively manage deadline-dependent media inquiries regarding the delicate subject matter of Safety incidents. The ideal candidate will partner with Safety specialists & leaders to relay pertinent information to executive leadership & key stakeholders as needed. They will also be comfortable & confident in working directly with relevant stakeholders to preserve the Lyft brand.
- Collaborate directly with Safety, Customer Cares, Communications, & Legal teams to manage media inquires & correspondences regarding high-level safety incidents
- Partner with Safety Support Leadership to assist with executive-level & external communications as needed, ensuring 24/7 coverage
- Mentor the team by providing tangible, timely feedback & coaching through quality audits & real-time observations
- Represent Safety to the greater Lyft organization by serving as a resource for cross-functional rapid response teams related to media inquiries
- Weigh in on key decisions related to external & internal communications regarding media inquiries
- Advise the team on high-level media inquiries related to Safety incidents
- Own the root cause analysis process to identify areas of opportunity within the Safety Support & Lyft ecosystem
- Continue to refine the internal Safety Escalation process to scale with team & company growth
- Work flexible schedule, including non-traditional hours, weekends, & holidays to support our stakeholders
- 3+ years experience working on communications involving crisis response
- Excellent communicator in written & oral form
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm & composure in stressful situations & a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability & passion for preparing executive-level communications
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, exerting influence without direct authority & comfort around higher management
- Proven track record of prioritizing & managing multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to simplify & package large amounts of complex information in order to identify key trends & opportunities for improvement
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with ability to set own priorities
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- Passion for Lyft & our mission
- Data fluency a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.