Zola is in search of a talented Senior Associate of Communications & Public Relations to join the Marketing team.
We're looking for a creative writer, a proactive problem solver, & an independent thinker who can work collaboratively across the company. This person must be a voracious consumer of media in all forms who has a true passion for storytelling & for writing. We're looking for someone who's constantly sharing articles with friends, who can quickly shift gears from drafting a top ten list to writing an executive quote, & who is completely thrilled by a media placement with perfect message-pull through. Were also looking for someone who deeply understands the changing news landscape, & who can think beyond traditional media relations & communications. If this sounds like you, we hope you will apply.
In this role you will spread your wings across the communications discipline to support a robust internal & external communications plan. You'll dedicate most of your time to external PR, & will also have the chance to redefine what a successful public relations program looks like for Zola. You'll be charged with developing real media relationships (as opposed to sending BCC emails), & will be expected to identify opportunities by yourself, & go after them with gusto. You'll work side-by-side with the content, social & community teams to elevate campaigns & real couples stories. You'll dabble in corporate comms, partnerships, experiential marketing, & more. You will also work closely with leadership to support speaking engagements, conferences & award submission opportunities. You'll report to the Director of Communications.
A successful Senior Associate of Communications & Public Relations will be excited to dive right into Zola's fast-paced environment & join the team!
- Support actionable plan to grow brand awareness through a robust communications program
- Oversee day-to-day management of all external communications campaigns
- Create a holistic media outreach strategy that helps increase Zola's brand awareness with the generation getting married today who are consuming news across every platform
- Take pitch ideas from concept to launch, dreaming up stories that will resonate with different verticals of media, & then amplifying them across all of Zola's channels, often even through thought leadership initiatives & internal messaging
- Work closely with the social, content, community, affiliate & business development teams, plus work cross-functionally across the entire company to drive campaigns about all of Zola's products
- Draft content for Zola's expert advice content hub, when needed
- Manage Zola's affiliate program to drive backlinks as part of Zola's integrated PR & SEO strategy
- Lead all brand events from start to finish, meaning from ideation & invite creation to guest list management, execution & recap
- Draft, execute, & cull data from editorial surveys
- Draft executive quotes, talking points, press releases, & other corporate comms materials
- Interact with real engaged & newlywed couples, & wedding vendors, on a regular basis, & ensure a very positive experience every time
- Measure results of communications programs, & translate data into recommendations to enhance the plan moving forward
- Bachelors degree & 3+ years of related experience in communications
- Experience working at a public relations agency preferred, but not required
- Also interested in candidates who have experience working in content and/or editorial
- Beyond exceptional writing skills & proper grammar
- Out-of-the-box thinking & tons of creative ideas
- Strong project management skills & ability to juggle many priorities
- Willingness to go above & beyond the stated duties
- Willingness to work on days & times outside the normal workweek as needed
- Positive person who wants to make a difference in a growing organization
- Passion for weddings, honeymoons & home decor
We're Zola, the wedding company that will do anything for love. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology all in the service of love.
We built our entire platform from the ground-up in 2013, & quickly became the fastest-growing wedding company in the country. Our team has deep experience creating award-winning online & mobile products that are helpful, intuitive, & simply magical. We've raised over $140 million in financing, & were proud to have investor partners including Female Founders Fund, Comcast Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Canvas Ventures, Thrive Capital & Lightspeed Venture Partners, among others.
We are passionate about supporting all forms of love, & were proud of our thriving community of over 1 million couples. We strive to hire a team that is as beautifully diverse as the couples getting married today, & we encourage individuals from every race, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, marital status, religion & perspective to apply. Zola will always be a place where every employee, couple, wedding guest, wedding vendor, & partner will be respected & accepted & valued.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we also have a growing team in Charlottesville & Montreal. Were hiring in all three offices. Come work with us!