Title: Technical Support Engineer
Zuora is a SaaS company & the worlds foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuoras leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing & packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, & disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, & Tokyo.
The Technical Support Engineer is tasked with providing front-line support & solutions to issues reported by customers for Zuora products. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong technical background, is a detailed documenter & a masterful troubleshooter. In todays ever-changing social landscape, we need someone whos up-to-date on the latest & greatest web tools & platforms, able to troubleshoot basic software applications, & is an excellent communicator via email or over the phone. You must be eligible to work in the US!
Our vision is simple, to provide all customers just-in-time solutions empowering them to operate & grow their subscription business.
- You will be challenged on a daily basis to understand our customers use cases & provide the best solutions - the learning will never stop!
- We offer continuous career development & knowledge training.
- Our management team grows & motivates individuals through coaching & mentoring, creating a rewarding & challenging work atmosphere.
Come join our subscription revolution!
What would you do all day?
- Ensure an optimal level of customer services
- Analyze, track & resolve customer issues in a prompt manner to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
- Prioritize based on severity & customer impact
- Handle sensitive escalation issues & conflicting/competing priorities
- Maintain product knowledge of new functionality & compliance changes
- Monitor & manage application & back-end batch processes to ensure application uptime requirements & SLA compliance
- Document solutions into Community articles, leveraging both configuration, customization, & integration
- Participate in 24/7 global coverage plan, including weekend on-call & holiday coverage
It's essential that you have...
- BA/BS/MS (or equivalent) in a related discipline
- A minimum of 2 - 5 years of proven success in enterprise application support & customer service (experience with SaaS would be awesome!)
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently, yet able to account for their activity.
- Be a creative, driven, & assertive Team Member always looking for ways to drive improved service & greater operational efficiencies & performance.
- Ability to work in a globally distributed team environment, liaising with on-site teams & customers
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced, multi-tasking development environment
- Ability to work independently & be a self-starter. Proven results uncovering solutions that meet or exceed customer needs
- A particular desire to continually study new technologies & functionality, as well as be involved in projects that push the capabilities of existing technologies
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present & defend a point of view to a variety of audiences
It would be really nice if you had...
- Experience supporting payment, billing, or tax applications. Knowledge of payment gateway such as PayPal, Stripe, Cybersource, etc.
- Knowledge of finance & revenue practices or a desire to become a subject matter expert in these disciplines is a plus.