Company Description|Job Description
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been & continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and
find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
The Sr. Portfolio Program Manager is responsible for ensuring that MAPPD's programs & projects are planned, managed, & governed in a consistent, transparent, & disciplined manner. The position requires an experienced program management professional with the right mix of relevant experience & skills, an ability to flex between the strategic & the tactical, outstanding verbal & written communication skills, & a high level of energy & flexibility to get things done & thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. S(he) will be a program management leader who embodies Visa's leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling & inspiring others, exceling with partners, acting decisively, & collaborating effectively.
In this role, s(he)oversees the processes that governthe management of the portfolio, working with Business & product development stakeholders to ensure the smooth planning & execution of all projects. S(he) facilitates collective communications across the global team related to all planning, delivery & continually works to improve processes related to portfolio project
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, MBA, or equivalent work experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management methodologies/techniques including Agile/Scrum, Scaled Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban
- 1+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- 8+ years relevant Program/Project Management experience.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration,
- TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Good prioritization, negotiation & communication skills.
- Experience with other Lean/Agile framework & methods, i.e.: Kanban, SAFe,XP, etc.
- Strong written & oral communication skills.
- Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with no supervision.
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively to organizational-wide audiences via mutliple channels
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 10%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.