At Pager, we are on a mission to fundamentally transform the consumer experience in accessing the healthcare system. Our team embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit; operating with a sense of pride, perseverance & care for one another. We strive to continually deliver the best results & focus on how every action taken helps push Pager forward.
Pager is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to develop backend solutions for our suite of mobile & web-based products. The ideal candidate's prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possesses the ability to take on important business challenges & execute them with precision & quality.
- Analyze challenging problems & successfully deliver results
- Increase test coverage via unit tests & integration tests
- Solve complex performance problems & architectural challenges.
- Work with the product & design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, & then translate that into a pragmatic & effective technical solution
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of recent experience with node.js
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL, DynamoDB etc.
- Experience with messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Meaningful, real-world experience with any other of the following: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, or similar
- Excellent analytical & time management skills
- You find satisfaction in a job well done & want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Experience with hapi.js is a plus
- Node.js, Python, Go
- Native iOS & Android
- React, Vue.js, ember.js
- Mongo, Postgres, Redis
- Jenkins, Docker, AWS, Google Cloud
- New Relic, Sentry, Pagerduty
- Microservice architecture
- Open source
At Pager, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.