At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Market Operations Lead to join our Midwest team. In this role, you will lead a team that delivers high-impact, cross-functional solutions to create the best experience possible for our drivers & riders in the Midwest.
Were looking for a strategically minded individual who is skilled at developing team members, adept at project management for complex initiatives, capable of using data to drive decision making, & who has a strong bias towards inquiry in ambiguous environments.
This role requires a roll-up-your-sleeves mindset & willingness to support wherever needed. One day you may be developing & executing a plan to reduce citations at the airport, the next, analyzing operational datasets to inform a new process in the field. Every week you show up excited for a 1:1 with your team members to discuss their initiatives & coach them through challenges -- & youd never ask them to do anything you wouldnt be willing to do yourself.
In summary, if youre a natural leader who is passionate about team development, if you are business-savvy, data-focused, versatile, & exceptionally driven, we would love to meet you!
- Support the market by serving as the owner for various initiatives that drive will local impact, which includes developing strategies, project management, & ongoing operational support
- Serve as a strategic thought partner for local leaders, providing proactive data driven recommendations on how to drive performance & growth
- Analyze operational data & provide impactful operational & financial recommendations for multiple lines of business
- Monitor root causes of market performance & identify connections, patterns or trends in the business
- Manage rideshare partner accounts to deliver consistent service & encourage expansion
- Partner with cross-functional teams across operations, compliance, government relations, marketing, analytics, & product / engineering to develop & implement local initiatives to achieve lofty goals
- Roll up your sleeves & get stuff done, no one can be counted on to execute faster or better than you
- 3+ years in strategy, business operations, consulting, or an equivalent field. You have a healthy balance of analytic, project management & interpersonal skills.
- 3+ years leading a team. You have a track record of advancing your team to other roles & experience with performance management across a variety of circumstances.
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects & teams in fast-paced & sometimes ambiguous environments
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to influence & collaborate up & down the organization, as well as with external stakeholders
- Strong oral & written communication skills, & extreme attention to detail
- Passion & resourcefulness to solve ambiguous, undefined problems
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once & prioritize relentlessly
- Proficient in G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc), Excel & SQL, & have experience building forecast models & analyzing complex data sets to inform decisions
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.