SeatGeek is looking for a Director of Data Science, Product to build & lead a high-performing team that will be the Product organizations go-to partner on experimentation & insights generation.
The teams efforts will improve customer growth & engagement through analysis of SeatGeeks product suite & user flows. As a senior leader, you will prioritize SeatGeeks product development roadmap by building a data-driven understanding of our audiences & product-market fit gaps. Underpinning this work will be a collaboration with Engineering to implement well-defined taxonomies & instrumentation of SeatGeeks product, which will serve to ensure analysis-friendly data production. Finally, you will partner closely with other leaders on the SeatGeek Data Team to improve the wider teams capabilities around data modeling, experimentation, causal inference, & data visualization. Accompanying this broad set of responsibilities is exposure to the highest levels of leadership at the company, & a chance to work at the nexus of data science & product development at the most innovative company in the live event space.
What You'll Do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, insight generation, & communication to see beyond the numbers & understand how our users interact with both our consumer & business products
- Partner with Product & Engineering teams to identify trends & opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, & execute our product decisions & product launches
- Build a motivated team of analysts & data scientists & oversee their career growth
- Develop research questions & undertake data exploration to understand who our consumers are, how they get value out of SeatGeek, & where we can develop our product to bring greater value
- Propose what to build in the next roadmap & helping forecast & setting product team goals
- Work with the Data team to build lasting data modelling solutions of user behavior for analysis or to power production systems
- Define, evaluate, & monitor essential metrics. Understanding the causes of changes by overseeing essential product metrics & understanding the causes of changes in metrics
- Data Infrastructure: Working within RedShift, developing ETL frameworks to automate process, & develops BI dashboards using Looker & Amplitude.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function & the wider analytics community at SeatGeek
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- 3+ years managing teams of data scientists or analysts
- BA/BS in a quantitative or technical field
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product & leadership teams & experience product strategy
- Knowledge of statistics (e.g., A/B testing, causal inference, & modeling techniques like regression & decision trees)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (e.g. R, SAS) or other methods
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to encourage collaboration & company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on live events tickets
- A superb benefits package that supports health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches & Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, & external guests from the industry
- Annual subscriptions to Citibike, Spotify, & meditation services
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute & we welcome the differences & benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!