About Us VIDEO
Pivotal Software combines platform, tools, & methodology to help the worlds largest companies transform the way they build software & run their most strategic applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies & developers to give software development & IT operations a strategic advantage. Founded in 2013, Pivotal unleashes software-developer productivity & creates an environment for innovation to scale, while fulfilling our mission to transform how the world builds software.
We are seeking a Project Accountant to join us working in our Toronto Canada office as part of the worldwide accounting & finance operations team. The team in Toronto supports the Global Services delivery for Pivotal. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has software industry experience & the ability to work independently & as a team player. We are a growing company, looking for individuals that will think outside the box, drive best practices & efficiency, & have a desire to learn & grow with us.
As a Project Accountant, you will be a member of the Pivotal order to cash cycle & will be a crucial part to the project lifecycle. This role is reporting into the Global Services Team & has a close alignment to the Global Accounting Team. This includes managing the project set-up process, contract reviewing, ensuring that project billings are issued to customers & payments collected, monitoring of key financial metrics, & the project closeout process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with project setup, teardown & maintenance in the internal time-tracking & billing tool OpenAir (OA)
- Responsible for correct billing & revenue rules set-up in accordance with legal documents & customer policies
- Responsible for weekly charges creation & customer pre-invoices generation & reconciliation with the final invoice generating system
- Responsible for reviewing & understanding contracts with customers
- Ensure T&E is appropriately billed to customers
- Support Accounts Receivable team in collection
- Support month end & quarter end close
- Support Project Analyst on forecasting process & reporting, with backlog reporting & expected delivery estimates
- Any other ad hoc tasks as desired by management
Required Skills / Experiences
- Bachelor's degree (four-year college or university) in accounting or equivalent combination of education & work experience
- Two or more (2+) years of general accounting experience, specifically related to order to cash, billing & receivables, revenue & project accounting
- Very strong knowledge of Excel
- Excellent analytical, communication, & organizational skills
- Self-motivation & willingness to work in a challenging & fast growing environment
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Software industry experience
- Experience in a professional services milestone and/or time & material billing environment
- Experience with OpenAir, Salesforce, & Zuora would be an asset
- Experience with Workday & Concur
Total Rewards Package
Pay Range: $53,550 - $72,450
In addition to salary, our total rewards package also includes equity in the form of RSUs, comprehensive medical & disability benefits, employer match on RRSP, fitness reimbursement programs & more!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY GPVTL Canada In (Pivotal) is an equal opportunity employer who recognizes the value of every individual in creating success for our customers, business partners, shareholders, employees & communities. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, developing & promoting employees without discrimination. Pivotal believes equal opportunity & inclusion are essential to motivate, empower & recognize the best in everyone.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES Pivotal is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 & the Ontario Human Rights Code, Pivotal will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment & selection process to applicants with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please email AskHR@pivotail.io or call 416-907-9470 ensure to provide your name, the best way to contact you, a detailed description of the nature of any accommodation that you may require (including any materials or processes that can be used to ensure your equal participation).