At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world's first marketplace of our kind & founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users & more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students & teachers across the world. If you haven't heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
As a Data Engineer at TpT, you will work with other Platform & Product Engineering teams, as well as business teams including Analytics, Product, Marketing, & Finance, to ensure that people & systems have access to clean, reliable, understandable, curated data. Youll help to build & improve our Data Warehouse, pipelines, & related infrastructure, using your ability to think systematically, abstractly, & empathetically.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong SQL skills, & a solid understanding of how relational databases & cloud data warehouses work.
- Experience with backend web development practices & tools, including CI/CD, SQL databases, APIs, git/GitHub, etc.
- Experience with building, & monitoring resilient systems.
- Knowledge of data warehouse design & development, including dimensional modeling & ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business & engineering teams.
- 2 years of software engineering experience, with at least one year on a Data Engineering team
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to speak & write clearly to technical & nontechnical audiences.
- Experience with Ed-Tech or ecommerce marketplaces.
- Experience as a Business/Data Analyst or related role.
- Experience with the primary tools we use: BigQuery, dbt, Looker, Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Python.
- Open source contributor or active in your professional community.
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually & collectively. To achieve our mission of Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best, we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are We Learn & Grow Together & We Enjoy the Journey. Weve committed to these values & to our employees through investing in added benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO & Wellness Days
- 5 Week Recharge Leave after 5 Years, to refresh & celebrate the impact youve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
- Onsite Mothers Room
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity & belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate & learn from each other
- Professional Development Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if youre a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection & use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.