About the Role:
The Sales Representative is a seasoned sales professional responsible for leading their geographic territory of UK (and Ireland). The selected individual will support the Director of Business Development & Medical Affairs, Europe in building out a customer base & work collaboratively & in conjunction with all levels of the International business unit to ensure successful attainment of established goals & objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive strategic business expansion/collaboration opportunities with the following:
o Major UK cancer centers & clinics / Top 30 largest oncology practices in the territory
o Major cancer centers in Ireland
o Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) & Academic Medical Centers (AMCs) within the specified territory
o Support physicians at major consortia opportunities as directed
o Expand customer utilization for commercial product after existing or new clinical trials have stopped recruitment
o Develop attractive utilization programs for physicians to grow clinical use
o Identify Pharma sponsored trial opportunities through KoLs
· Structure detailed strategic plans for gaining & retaining new & existing clients.
· Implement laboratory services agreements (LSA's) with direct bill account institutions.
· Collaborate & coordinate with all EU positions to ensure successful attainment of company goals & objectives.
· Continually analyze competitive landscape & environment within assigned accounts to determine trends & provide customer feedback to GHI leadership.
· Monitor performance of sales to ensure objectives are met.
· Develop & implement a comprehensive business plan for the territory that will be inclusive budgets, travel, territory management, goal setting, etc.
· Embrace, embody & represent the Guardant Health company culture at all times to external & internal constituents.
· Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience working with major cancer centers & clinics, oncology GPO's, large health systems, IHDN's, & large oncology practices.
· Proven track record selling pharmaceutical and/or laboratory developed tests.
· Experience in selling CDx & understanding drug/Dx dynamics for adoption & reimbursement preferred
Proven Ability to engage in a consultative selling process within a hospital system that overcomes objections & indifferences while connecting client needs with GHI capabilities.
· Keen understanding of the payor & reimbursement environment in the oncology & diagnostic space in UK.
· Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple projects & prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
· Strong clinical understanding of molecular diagnostics for oncology & the evolving competitive landscape.
· Excellent clinical knowledge of oncology, hematology, chemotherapeutics & targeted agents.
· Proven negotiation & customer service skills.
· Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills.
· Superior listening & problem solving skills.
· Impeccable oral & verbal communication & presentation skills in English.
· Advanced written communication skills.
· Must be very proficient with all Microsoft Office products - particularly Excel & PowerPoint.
· Effective & regular utilization of Salesforce.com
· Ability to develop & utilize cross-functional relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals & objectives.
· Advanced presentation skills & business acumen a necessity.
· Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager.
· Problem solving, decision making & technical learning.
· Proven administrative skills & sophistication to manage business in complex environments.
· Demonstrate GHI's Values by acting with integrity, respect & trust
· B.S. in life science, biology, medicine or pharma.
- Frequent travel ( > 50%) throughout the territory as needed.
- Attendance to national & international congresses & meetings as needed
- Attendance at mandatory US- functions & meetings
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.