We're looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join the Accounting team in New York to support Vimeos growth by ensuring timely & accurate financial reporting & a strong & sustainable internal control environment.
You will specialize in revenue recognition & serve as a key member of the team to oversee & coordinate source data reports, third party reporting, & cash transactions impacting revenue reporting. You will collaborate closely with many of Vimeos organizations, including Sales, Sales Operations, BI & Analytics, Product & Engineering & Transactions. Additionally, youll be preparing monthly journal entries & reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process.
What You'll Do
- Review customer contracts for proper recognition in accordance with U.S. GAAP, specifically ASC 606, Revenue Recognition including preparing & maintaining revenue recognition schedules for sales contracts in real time.
- Prepare revenue & deferred revenue journal entries & related reconciliations as part of the monthly financial close process, resolving reconciling items & establishing processes to prevent further occurrences of out of balance conditions
- Analyze actual revenue results against forecast, prior quarters & prior years & provide succinct variance explanations to support the monthly financial results meeting
- Analyze the allowance for credit losses & apply company policy for allowance provisions & write offs
- Monitor sales team requests & assess appropriateness under ASC 606, suggesting contract adjustments to optimize revenue recognition accounting processes
- Partner with the Sales Operations team to ensure revenue-affecting data points are accurately reflected in Salesforce in real time.
- Work closely with product & analytics teams on business changes & new revenue products to ensure accurate revenue recognition
- Participate in efforts to implement new revenue recognition tool as needed
- Respond to interim review & year-end audit requests from internal & external auditors as part of the financial reporting process
- Provide support for ad-hoc requests
Skills & Knowledge You Should Possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with at least 3 years of revenue accounting experience at a publicly traded company
- BS Degree in Accounting required, CPA is desired
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, Conditional formulas), particularly in navigating detailed system-generated source reports, downloading & manipulating large amounts of data to produce detailed, thorough, high quality work
- Oracle, Salesforce & Blackline experience a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to multitask & meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently & in a team environment
- Knowledge of SOX requirements & internal control best practices
- Possess a curious, inquisitive spirit & foster an environment of continuous improvement
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 175 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 600 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.