Betterment at Work is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. Its selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterments 401(k) offering is powered by Betterments proprietary, smart technology that automates & optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. Headquartered in New York City & created by the largest independent online financial advisor, Betterments 401(k) is used by leading employers like Casper. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.
About this Role:
You are eager to join a dynamic team to gain exposure to & help build out the compliance function for Betterments 401k offering. You thrive in an environment with efficient organization, tracking, & project management. You have strong communication & collaboration skills, attention to detail & accuracy, a desire to iterate & build because you refuse to do things just because thats the way they have always been done. You wont accept less than a well oiled machine. You are ready to roll up your sleeves & get to work in the most exciting work environment there is!
We are looking to hire this role based in our NYC office location, where we offer hybrid working conditions.
A Day in the Life:
- Oversee the application of the Betterment Compliance program to the Betterment at Work line of business.
- Partner with the Betterment at Work team to provide ERISA guidance on the day-to-day operations & on product development.
- Manage & develop policies, procedures, testing & training.
- Monitor ERISA related updates & regulatory guidance that may impact our business.
- Learn about SEC, FINRA & Banking regulations.
- And so much more!
What Were Looking For:
- ERISA regulatory compliance experience.
- Understands other applicable regulations, including but not limited to IRS & DOL.
- A love for organization, a meticulous attention to detail & process.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well across various business units & develop strong partnerships.
- Want to learn & have an impact quickly.
- Able to read, analyze & interpret general business & technical procedures or governmental regulations.
What Being at Betterment Means for You:
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, & continuing on a journey of non-stop growth & evolution.
Youll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your whole self & make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, & regular knowledge sharing.
- Join one or more of our 6 Employee Resource Groups as a member or an ally, & help us shape Betterments culture & product for years to come.
Youll stay Happy & Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up & cared for with a customizable workstation, benefit packages that fit your needs (including infertility support & World Professional Association for Transgender Health approved benefits), a Self Care stipend of $600 per year to invest in your wellness however you see fit, as well as additional professional development opportunity.
- Youll have flexible paid time off, & a team that cares about you, not just what youre working on.
Youll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills & abilities through Betterment University courses & additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing & transparency you can opt into mentoring & career coaching programs as well as weekly company meetings.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to email@example.com
What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of meetings with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, well look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, & motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 2-3 weeks to make a hiring decision, depending on your availability & sense of urgency. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that were unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, & our hiring team simply doesnt have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support & advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.