Company Description|Job Description
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, & financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, & more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, & advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica's accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability & complexity that result from extreme data.
Kinetica operates with a global footprint & an unprecedented adoption by Global 2000 organizations with venture backing from Great Point Ventures, Meritech Capital Partners, Canvas Ventures & Citi Ventures.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
Kinetica is in search of a Technical Program Manager focused on Big Data & Analytics. As a Technical Program Manager, you'll provide data sets, services, & infrastructure to help our business partners make sound, data-driven decisions. You will lead projects to manage large volumes of corporate data, enable data discovery & security, master & integrate disparate datasets, & deliver clean, secure platforms for reporting & advanced analytics.
In this role, you'll plan requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, & communicate with various project stakeholders.
- Experience working on multiple projects with different stakeholders, & make data-driven decisions & judgment.
- Create detailed functional specifications that meet the business needs of our teams & balance business priorities vs. technical constraints.
- Define & maintain a product roadmap that optimally balances business priorities, implementation cost, & project risk.
- Drive & track the entire software life cycle, from requirements through design, implementation, testing, & deployment.
- Provide effective written & verbal status updates on the product roadmap.
- Have strong communication skills to interact with executives, non-technical & technical individuals.
- Proactively identify & resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
- Align key internal & external partners to ensure scalable solutions & excellence in execution
- 6+ years of work experience in the role of data engineer, BI engineer, data architect, data team manager, or Technical Program Manager.
- 4+ years work experience in the role of a Technical Program Manager.
- Maturity, negotiation/influence, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Ability to drive tough decision making, balancing business goals, technical implications.
- Ability to work independently, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing very large data warehouses & Big Data or Data Lake solutions
- Expert in writing SQL scripts.
- Expert knowledge in an enterprise-class RDBMS & Spark.
- A passion for technology.
- We are looking for someone who is keen to leverage their existing skills while trying new approaches.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in Program Management on cross-functional projects.
- Experience working with data analytics tools & reporting platforms.
- Experience with data analysis using various scripting languages including SQL, tools, and/or platforms.
- Ability to be an influential member of a highly integrated team composed of both technical & non-technical members.
- Solid communication skills & a team player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.