Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences & informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide & Foursquare Swarm apps & websites to discover new places, explore the world & check in. They have written more than 95 million tips & checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter & 125,000 other developers. Foursquares business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK & Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand & connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic & advertising success.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Manager to own our Web Platform, which connects our suite of enterprise & developer products. Youll be responsible for building key components that can be leveraged across products, & ensuring that customers have a seamless experience across their journey. You will have your own team of engineers & designers, but will often need to partner with other development teams to ensure alignment in functionality, user flows & technical integration. As our web expert, you will both provide input & drive web features for individual product lines as needed.
- Lead product for our Web Platform, including feature development, roadmap & backlog of feature requests
- Develop pieces of core infrastructure to be leveraged across multiple product lines
- Think long term about the future of the platform, & create solutions that will support future growth & multi-product usage by customers
- Work closely with other product managers & technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies & releases
- Support the Performance Marketing team with their web presence, including top of funnel splash pages, lead generation & signup flows
- Be the internal expert on user stories & workflows on the Foursquare web platform as well as industry-leading technologies in web development
- Engage directly with customers to gather feedback, understand user pain points & uncover opportunities
- Ensure consistent experience across the web platform by establishing UX standards & style guide with design
- Experience: You have 3 - 5 years product management experience on web-based products, preferably on an enterprise SaaS product.
- UX: You are passionate about creating intuitive, simple user interfaces. You seek out user research & behavioral data to generate insights about product improvements. You have a strong eye for usability & quality design.
- Technical: You are comfortable leading a team of engineers through development. You are able to communicate features clearly. You understand technical complexity & can work with an engineering lead to weigh tradeoffs & prioritize requirements. You have experience defining requirements for web & mobile-responsive platforms.
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis & multivariate testing. You can use metrics to measure feature success & product health. SQL skills a plus.
- Organizational skills: You are able to manage multiple work streams with stakeholders across the organization. You have experience working closely with business & marketing partners.
- Follow-through: You say what youll do, & do what you say. You dont let details slip.
- Write: Succinctly.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, & can navigate tough conversations.
- Curious: You are curious, optimistic & a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown & are always learning.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.