As a Software Engineering at Tanium, you will be responsible for leading & managing a team of brilliant software engineers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, user experience designers, technical documentation team & senior leadership to drive development of Taniums unified endpoint management & security platform.
What you'll do:
- Build exceptional teams of highly qualified & high-performance engineers by hiring, coaching, & instilling a sense of ownership & impact.
- Work closely with product managers, UX design engineers & other teams to define the vision & roadmap with a focus on the needs of Taniums customers.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance & support while nurturing a collaborative, innovative, & inclusive culture.
- Team with other managers to coordinate on requirements, dependencies, & opportunities for collaboration.
- Lead by example, leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar & ensure that the team consistently delivers outstanding results.
- Work with senior engineering leaders to adjust the composition of the team & create new teams as necessary to respond to changing business needs.
- Effectively manage projects throughout the entire software development cycle.
- Ensure delivery of supportable, scalable, & performant software by the team.
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant degree or equivalent experience
- You have 5+ years managing high-performing engineering teams
- You have 10+ years designing, developing, testing, & deploying software products
- You have a proven track record of architecting & delivering enterprise-level reliable & scalable solutions
- You have a thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle, Software as a Service (SaaS), etc.
- You are a first principles thinker who can come up with pragmatic solutions.
- You are still an engineer at the core who loves to code even if you dont do it all the time.
- You keep up with industry trends & can assess & utilize new technologies to help solve problems.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.