Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Were searching for an Analyst to join our Acquisitions team, focused specifically on one of our key acquisition channels: rate tables. This role will be responsible for this channel on the immediate, medium-term, & long-term horizons. Near term, the role handles day-to-day analysis & optimization of one of our critical acquisition channels, personally owning real-time monitoring of the channels & optimizing our placement within them to drive key business metrics.
Medium-term, the role is responsible for developing & leveraging those relationships to glean insights to optimize business development & inform medium- & long-term strategies. On the long-term horizon the role partners with our product, business operations, technology & capital markets teams to define an automated solution that will drive real-time optimization of the rate table channels through a direct feed enabled by improved technology infrastructure at the rate tables (adoption of which will be negotiated through aforementioned strategic relationships within the sites), giving Better a differentiated strategic advantage in these channels.
Responsibilities will include:
Day to Day Rate Table Performance Optimization
- Analyze performance data at the loan scenario level to identify optimizations
- Monitor lead quality & conversion to funded units
- Suggest or make real-time adjustments to bids & loan pricing to balance lead volume & ROI goals
- Build out & maintain internal performance dashboards.
- Work with marketing & capital markets in setting acquisition goals & budgets
- Help in testing & evaluating integrity of competitive environment on rate tables
Strategic Rate Table Performance Management & Relationship Development
- Either focus on data & take an analytics career path (leveraging internal business development resources), or become a generalist & own/build relationships with specific rate table partners
- Generalist: lead standing & ad-hoc conversations with contacts at rate table sites.
- Analytics focus: lead development of analysis, metrics, & driving action based on findings
- Field requests from internal & external stakeholders.
Rate Table Automation Strategy & Execution
- Partner with Better product, engineering, & data science teams to scope out & implement near & long-term opportunities for further automation.
- 2 - 4 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical foundation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Extremely organized & detail oriented
- Empathy for our customers
- Team player
- Strong intellectual curiosity
Bonus points for:
- Experience in fin-tech or other start-up environments
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- SQL proficiency
- Microsoft Excel proficiency (advanced)
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.