Business Development / Sales Intern (Fall 2022)
Job Type: Sales Intern
Compensation: College Credit
Duration: August-December, 2022
Commitment: Must be eligible to receive college credit & commit 3 days a week.
Magnet Media is a strategic studio that helps brands connect with an audience via video production, podcasts, & social media content. At Magnet, we are driven by our passion for telling stories that matter. We are looking for someone with shared passion to add on to our current team.
The Sales & Business Development Intern will play an integral role in acquiring new clients/business as well as assisting & further-developing existing client relationships.
Daily duties include client/prospect correspondence, conducting discovery & capabilities meetings, sales pipeline development, & supporting senior members of the business development team.
This role sits within the Sales team & collaborates closely with the Creative, Client Services, & Marketing teams.
The ideal candidate is Tech savvy, & an organized, curious, fast learner; a self-starter with a talent for problem-solving & very strong communications. They should be able to adhere to deadlines, communicate effectively & professionally, & work well with team members & clients/prospects.
- Manage records in HubSpot (log detailed call notes & next steps, update information about accounts & contacts, etc.)
- Focus on uncovering new business opportunities with an emphasis on the Tech industry
- Assist in developing a strategic plan for key accounts & industry verticals
- Ensure that strong ties with key accounts are developed, maintained & leveraged for greater revenues & deeper relationships
- Manage internal & external sales processes
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, & listening
- Working knowledge of Zoom, Google Hang Outs, MSFT Teams & other remote videoconferencing tools, working knowledge of Google Slides
- Able to represent the company at industry events & large format meetings
- Detail orientation for implementation of complex strategies
- Knowledge of HubSpot/Salesforce is a strong plus
What We Can Offer You:
- Hands-on industry experience & access
- Teach / show you how to turn your research into sales pitch & sell them
- Real-life access to see sales & marketing pitches in progress
- Practical experience plugging data & analytics into the sales & marketing funnel for a growing company
Life at Magnet
Since our inception 20 years ago, weve continued to uphold our original mission of telling stories that matter, so that we live in a more inclusive & equitable world. This means having an intentional focus on including people of color, veterans, LGBTQIA+, people from different faiths, cultures, & religions, single dads, women returning to work after raising children...from brand new citizens to those whose family came over on the Mayflower, & both junior protegs & sage experienced talent. Differently together is what drives our passion for meaningful creative storytelling.
At Magnet, youll find talents from around the world with a variety of experiences bonding over coffee, video games, books, pets, sports, interior design, music, the latest meme or streaming series... & many more! We believe in working smart & prioritizing our mental health, thats why we require our team members to take paid self-care day once every quarter & company-wide remote lunches once or twice a month to destress & catch up with each other.