Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a driven Sales Professional to join our inside sales teams. This is a crucial role here at General Assembly. The inside sales teams are responsible for ensuring each potential student understands what it takes to be successful in a General Assembly course. They support various different aspects of our business. In this role you are responsible for driving revenue that allows GA to continue to grow, scale, & change lives.
Working on the Inside Sales Team at General Assembly is the perfect medium between making money & serving others. Were a mission-driven company, looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, & grow within our organization. Our teams are rapidly expanding & growth opportunities are abundant for those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves & be a leader.
If youre competitive, compassionate, hungry to grow professionally, & ready to change lives, General Assembly is the place for you. This is U.S. based role with flexibility to be 100% remote.
- Proactively manage & respond to a high volume of prospective students & businesses efficiently
- Own targets & manage a robust sales pipeline; build & cultivate relationships on an ongoing basis to drive results
- Interview prospective students to ensure that their qualifications & interests are a match for our programs
- Work with local businesses to develop enrollment partnerships by conveying the value of investing in their employees
- Comfort in managing pipeline through Salesforce
- Host & lead in-person info sessions to convert sales
- 1-2 years proven experience in consultative sales, consumer sales, enterprise sales/partnerships, admissions or recruiting.
- Competitive personality ideal
- Exceptional closing skills while still remaining welcoming, understanding, & empathetic
- Goal-oriented with experience exceeding quotas and driving for results in a target-driven environment
- Able to think on your feet, try new approaches & bounce back when things dont go your way
- Outstanding communication skills & ability to influence others internally & externally
- Ability to tie an individuals wants & needs into a logical solution
- Confidence pitching to in both 1:1 & 1:many situations
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Written & Verbal Communications
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Customer Focus
General Assembly is a licensed school in all states that we operate in, & some states require inside sales associates to be licensed to recruit or enroll students. If hired, you will be required to submit & be approved as a sales agent in relevant states. Directions for becoming licensed will be shared with you during onboarding. Licensure requirements vary by state, but you may be required to answer questions pertaining to moral character, professional conduct, education, and work history. General Assembly will pay for all licensing fees.