Brightflag is seeking an experienced Application Support Engineer who prides themselves on being an inquisitive problem solver. We have a number of high-profile customers in Europe, the US & Australia, & we are growing quickly. We are looking for a dynamic individual with the capability to anticipate & resolve problems, & recommend customer focused improvements.The Application Support team works closely with the Customer Success & the Development teams to ensure that we are always putting our customers at the forefront.
What You Will Be Doing
- Youll help our team to provide customers with detailed technical knowledge & support of our SaaS application. (built in Java) for Tier 1 -3 issues.
- Youll work directly with our Customer Success teams (across our offices) who are the first point of contact for all customer support issues. Our Customer Success team raises tickets in Jira for your team, to troubleshoot & resolve.
- Please note this is NOT a development role.
Youll hone your SQL query & report writing skills
- You will use this to write & create SQL reports, write complex SQL queries, interrogate data & troubleshoot data issues.
- Youll also provide detailed SQL reporting requirements to our different teams (E.g., Customer Success, Legal Analyst etc.) You're not just reading log files & looking for error messages
On call/ Out of hours work:
- This role will support our customers in the US & as such the role is Monday to Friday 12pm - 8.30pm. However, we're a growing company. So you will occasionally be required to support customers (for emergencies) outside of hours. (Ireland, Europe, USA, Australia).
- There is no on-call requirement at present. Given our growth & customer base we see this as a future requirement in the role.
- Bank holidays are worked to support our customers. The schedule is rotated, so don't worry, we make sure you get your time back.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in the role, you need:
- 5+ years of web applications support
- Strong experience supporting web apps written in Java.
- Strong experience in analysing the application logic including the ability to comprehend Java.
- Strong SQL query & report writing experience
- Solid experience analysing log files - e.g., AWS dashboards, Amazon cloudwatch, Elastic monitoring etc.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills - Youll be an inquisitive problem solver, who loves getting to the bottom of the issue. Its also important to have the foresight to anticipate any potential problems.
Bonus Skills :
- Our code base is written in Java on the back end. If you have Java coding/knowledge, youll get to apply that skill by analysing the code & implementing code fixes.
- Or perhaps you know JS, youll use that skill to run the application locally, debugging the JS code to resolve web page errors.
Life @ Brightflag
Were growing fast & so is the experience we can offer you:
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do & where we are going.
- The exposure & challenge you need to learn, grow & progress your career in a rapidly growing scale-up.
- Complex technical & business problems to solve & the trust & autonomy you need to go & solve them.
- A sound, helpful team, in a friendly, values-driven & inclusive environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- 25 days holidays + 4 company Reset days throughout the year.
- Comprehensive health insurance, life insurance & long term illness/income protection.
- Fully flexible work location & work patterns so you can balance life at home with life at work - come to the office, work at home or enjoy a blend of both at your discretion.
- Learning subsidy of 2,000/US$2,000/AU$3,200 annually, to spend as you wish, plus study & examination leave where applicable. Our bookworm program also enables you to order a book a month.. on us!
- Access to Pluralsight - the on demand learning platform for tech teams.
- The Tax-Saver or Cycle-to-Work Scheme.
- Wellbeing program & stipend.
- Home office set-up supports.
We are a diverse & inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives & people who make every day count & strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Location & Eligibility
This role offers a flexible work location across Ireland. Whether that be in the office in Dublin (as public health guidelines allow), remote from anywhere in Ireland, or a mix of office/remote work, you choose what works best for your lifestyle.
Your time is valuable. To help with your application, we advise that regrettably we cannot offer work permit sponsorship/ self sponsorship for this role.
Hello, Were Brightflag - one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the legal world - were on a mission to transform legal operations. Our patented AI-powered software combined with a best-in-class Customer Success team empowers corporate legal teams to do better, no matter the starting point. Our SaaS platform was the first to apply artificial intelligence & machine learning to legal operations management & has invested more than 100,000+ hours in its development. Using Brightflag, corporate legal teams achieve visibility into their operations, streamline internal workflows, & engage with outside counsel more efficiently. You can learn more about Brightflag Here.