Your team is responsible for the infrastructure & technology that powers some of the worlds largest online games. You thrive off running a fast-paced global 24/7 live support operation & understand the importance of critical service up time & meeting SLAs. You are a process orientated technical leader, data driven, analytical, with operational excellence at your core. Passionate about amazing our customers & inspiring a team to continuously exceed our customers expectations.
With your finger on the pulse of new back-end gaming technologies, you can articulate technically sophisticated concepts & challenges easily to team members, internal partners & customers alike. Building robust measures of success for the team, as well as leading critical business projects will be skills you have finely tuned over your career.
The role is based at our Southampton (UK) office but will lead all aspects of teams in the UK, US & Korea with occasional needs to travel. In this role, you will be at the heart of the online gaming experience, playing a critical role in bringing some of the largest games to market. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you!
What youll be doing
- Overall responsibility for the global front-line 24/7 Customer Support function across Unitys Game Services products
- People responsibilities - coaching & development of your reports (team leads in each region - UK, US, Korea), hiring, training, team building - driving a culture of world class customer support
- Building out meaningful metrics & associated reporting to measure the success of the team.
- Alongside engineering, you will design & configure monitoring & alerting solutions as well as leading all aspects of support ticketing systems & Pager Duty.
- Provide technical guidance & drive a culture of continuous improvement in efficient troubleshooting across a range of infrastructure based products & platforms.
What were looking for
- Experience in managing a highly technical live ops or customer support team - ideally globally.
- Experience with infrastructure, networking & virtualized environments as well as Linux & Windows server administration
- Hands on experience of managing & configuring ticketing & incident management systems such as Zendesk & PagerDuty
- Familiar & comfortable with a live operational environment, incident management & highly time-sensitive issue resolution
- Ability to travel domestically & internationally occasionally
You might also have
- Experience working in the gaming industry, ideally backend systems for online games
- Customer service or NOC experience in the hosting or public cloud industry
- Coding & scripting skills
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the worlds leading platform for creating & operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, & others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unitys platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run & monetize interactive, real-time 2D & 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, & augmented & virtual reality devices.
The companys 1,800+ person research & development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases & platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.