ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with an accounting and/or finance background, in-depth ERP functional knowledge, & the skills for process design & optimization to join Pelotons Finance Transformation team. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design & build technology-driven solutions that enable critical initiatives & operational improvements, including the optimization of our current ERP & integrated order-to-cash-systems. In this role, you will collaborate with our Sales, Technology, Operations, PMO & Member Support teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your finance expertise & a process-centric approach to key strategic projects & growth initiatives centered around our sales & after-sales processes.
As part of the role, you will work closely with Accounting & Finance team members & subject matter experts to understand business requirements & develop a deep understanding of Pelotons financial processes, specifically around the global Order-to-Cash (OTC) process including billing, fulfillment, revenue recognition, indirect tax, & associated financial reporting. You will represent finance on cross-functional project teams, working closely with our Sales & Technology teams to implement creative, best-in-class solutions that will support new sales processes & partnerships, improve automation of existing financial processes, & ensure data integrity.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, & has a demonstrable ability to create & maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams & their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a mix of financial accounting knowledge & knowledge of business processes & will use that knowledge to negotiate & drive alignment across the broader Finance & Accounting organization & cross functional partners.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Serve as the Finance Business Analyst on Order to Cash related central initiatives & related system solution implementations, representing accounting, tax & treasury requirements & considerations throughout the end-to-end development, from design through deployment
- Collaborate & partner closely with internal team members on the segment Accounting (Connected Fitness & Subscription revenue), Technical Accounting, Tax, AR & FP&A teams to ensure the design & functionality of our ERP solution (including integrated order-to-cash & service management systems) is driving value & efficiency for the organization
- Define & drive documentation of current & target state business processes & related systems flow with emphasis on order-to-cash financial processes, working to ensure that our systems automate proper billing, revenue recognition, payment reconciliation, & reporting
- Review Functional Specification & design documents to ensure they meet business requirements
- Take an active role in testing for all in-flight projects & releases, build test scenarios, scripts & support end users with all testing phases; help to facilitate UAT with finance end users
- Help with development of relevant training materials, business process flows & SOPs & support training delivery to relevant Accounting & Finance team members
- Make suggestions & drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical & operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood & mitigations are put in place when required
- Develop working relationships with the Finance, IT, Acquisition Engineering, Sales, & Member Support teams to ensure a cohesive product
- Lead the partnerships deal portfolio for finance by collaborating with the technical & operational accounting teams on reviewing deal terms, driving the design forward based on the subsequent requirements, & outlining the process & identifying roles & responsibilities for each deal
- Flexibly move between the Product Owner, Subject Matter Expert (SME), Process Designer, & Project Manager as required by the situation at hand, leaning on the experts where needed but never allowing forward progress to slow
- Continuously look to make improvements to our processes & system solution as it relates to our partnerships; orchestrate enhancement projects & support critical initiatives key to Pelotons overall strategy
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelors or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science or related field
- 6-7 years experience of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience & 1-2 years of direct project experience on large-scale systems initiatives or similar
- CPA, MBA and/or equivalent a plus (not required)
- Hands on experience completing a full cycle ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements & post-go live support; NetSuite experience a plus
- Solid understanding of operational accounting concepts, specifically as it relates to the order to cash processes, subscription billing models, & revenue recognition
- Direct experience with Quote-to-Order, Accounting, Financial Reporting, & General Ledger systems, understanding of financial impacts from Order to Cash (OTC) systems
- Experience working in a similar techno-functional role, i.e. product management, agile project/program management or workstream lead
- Clear communicator with keen ability to communicate findings in succinct presentations & to express complex technical & accounting concepts in a clear & concise manner
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level critical thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on creative solutioning to meet business team requirements & objectives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance & deliver sustainable results to the team
- Proven ability to balance multiple, opposing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating thorough attention to detail & adaptability to take on new projects & challenges
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, & Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, & best-in-class fitness experts & Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, & so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer & committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Peloton has a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health & well-being of our employees & customers globally. All employees based in the U.S. & Canada are required to provide proof of vaccination, unless the employee has a Peloton-approved reasonable accommodation or as otherwise required by law.