About the Role
At OneTrust, our mission is to protect the privacy of individuals by empowering organizations to manage the data they house in a responsible way. With a passion to solve global privacy concerns, our team has built the most widely used privacy management platform used by companies to comply with data privacy regulations & establish privacy as a best practice within their organization.
The Technical Writer will build & manage end-user documentation by creating user guides, release documentation, & support portal content. The Technical Writer will also assist in the creation of internal resources such as training materials, troubleshooting articles, style guides, & templates.
What youll do:
- Create & update user guide content for end users to reflect the most recent application version.
- Work with product managers & developers to produce technical release notes prior to application updates.
- Author & edit support portal content for both internal & external users.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) & other stakeholders to create content based on user needs.
- Serve as a source of knowledge on product use & architecture for professional services & program management teams.
- Answer technical questions posed by professional services & support teams.
- Assist in the sales enablement process by providing product knowledge & other answers for vendor assessments & security questionnaires.
- Provide verbiage for interface elements like buttons & error messages to enhance user experience.
- Promote already available resources to internal users.
- Facilitate product training for internal users through regular training.
- Development of standard styles & formats for multi-modal documentation.
- Interface with in-house translators to support the translation of end-user documentation.
What were looking for:
- Bachelors Degree in a technical-adjacent field (CIS, MIS, Engineering, etc.) or professional writing (technical writing, journalism)
- A strong academic or professional writing sample (will be requested during interviews).
- 1-3 years of professional writing experience highly preferred.
- Comfort with basic image manipulation (cropping, adding mark-up, etc.)
- Agile development familiarity.
- Self-starter/independent worker.
- Comfortable/proficient in MS Word & Adobe Acrobat.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Strong information organization skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at once.
- Key Competencies:
- Strong planning, research, estimating & writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, collaborate with teammates, & fully deliver on all commitments to meet deadlines.
- Communicate complex technical concepts in a clear & concise manner in both written & graphical formats.
- Schedule flexibility to work with international teams & meet aggressive deadlines.
- Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment & to interpret rules & guidelines flexibly to enhance the business & in keeping with OneTrust's values & culture.
What Youll gain from joining OneTrust
You can expect tremendous professional development hyper-growth opportunities; an opportunity to work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way business operates & respect for your ideas. We believe in recognition for a job well-done, great compensation package, & an environment that fosters creativity & divergent thinking.
At OneTrust, you will shift the way the global community manages personal information. Your contributions will be incredibly impactful, & your ideas will be embraced. With a new office space in Sandy Springs, our team's growth is a representation of the market need for a platform to establish privacy best practices, & OneTrust's dedication to the privacy space.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of, we'd love to talk!
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.