As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- The candidate will work in the Revenue & Pricing System's Mediation & Pricing team that mainly focuses on mediating different billing source data & defining pricing rules
- The candidate should be able to play multiple role i.e Requirement Analysis, development, testing & UAT support.
- This is not a hardcore development role but the candidate should be able to configure very complex Pricings rules either thru UI or in spreadsheet.
- The candidate should also be able to come up with different test scenarios for various pricing rules & should be able to create proper test data for each test scenarios.
- Coding & testing of billing rulesets, merging of various versions of billing rulesets into a single packet of billing ruleset for QA turnover.
- Work with business partners to fully understand business requirements & desired business outcomes
- Analyze data for billing upstream transactions & Clients setup.
- Able to understand architecturaldiagrams & collaborate with software engineers in solution deployment.
- Work with teammates in various locations that contribute to complex projects & multiple deadlines through the full development life cycle.
- Knowledge of financial applications including Billing & Accounts Receivable, and/ or knowledge of core VisaNet applications is a strong plus.
- Candidate must be flexible to accommodate multiple time zones, as most of the stakeholders would be in California, & some of them would be in Asia & Europe.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years' IT experience
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Very strong SQL skills
- Very strong Unix & shell scripting skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Knowledge of one programming language (C, C++, Java etc
- Knowledge of big data technologies (Hadoop, Python ,Spark etc.) tools for large scale data processing & data transformation is preferred but not mandatory
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.