TEDx is growing rapidly. The TEDx Licensing Team receives over 100 applications every week from amazing individuals who want to create TEDx communities. Were looking for someone to help us distribute the resources organizers need, to review the branding of these events, & to help address questions or concerns these volunteer teams may have.
To better enable our community members to hold a TEDx event that maintains the spirit, structure, & scope of the TEDx platform, organizers are provided with a number of resources.
The TEDx Licensing Intern will help our team distribute these resources, troubleshoot organizer queries, evaluate feedback, review applications & events to ensure consistent branding practices, & examine data so that we can better equip our community. You would also assist the TEDx Licensing team on other projects when necessary.
A few skills you can expect to practice or learn: writing professional, friendly emails; web research & fact checking; systems management; data analytics; & the ability to express a succinct opinion that informs decisions.
- Excellent writing, communication, & note-taking skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills, comfortable having sensitive conversations
- Strong Excel & Google Sheets skills as well as an interest in, or understanding of, data analysis
- Able to quickly learn how to use new software & database tools
- Ability to take ownership over a process & willingness to iterate repetitive tasks to see a project to completion
- Know how to use a Mac
- Able to work in our Manhattan offices 10am-6pm, five full days each week
- Global mindset/perspective
- Experience managing high volume inboxes for a global community
- Interest in navigating foreign online search & media platforms
- A great systems thinker, obsessed with efficiency
- Multi-lingual preferred but not required
Note that due to the high volume of applications, only considered candidates will be notified. You may be asked to demonstrate Excel proficiency through an exercise as part of the interview process.
This is a paid 6-month internship position based out of our NYC office. Only candidates applying within the greater NYC metro area will be considered. Telecommuting is not possible.