Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, & live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches & parents can organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Were headquartered in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
We are looking for a data scientist that can use data to help us make smarter decisions & deliver even better products. As a data scientist, youll work closely with other data scientists, product managers, designers, marketers, & engineers to create measurements & appropriate metrics, design randomized controlled experiments, & tackle open-ended questions that help us understand our users & business. Making use of GameChangers rich data warehouse & other data sources, youll get to work creatively to answer hard questions & expand the impact of the current Data & Analytics Team.
- Frame out major data initiatives to answer open-ended questions around product & user needs
- Ask thoughtful questions in order to understand stakeholders goals, & discover the best solutions to data-centric problems
- Work with product teams to integrate data-driven features into our products
- Build & maintain reports for leadership, product, & marketing stakeholders
- Select appropriate statistical methods, & implement the solutions with clean code
- Transform our raw data into useful product metrics
- Work closely with data engineers to define the requirements of our data pipeline & warehouse
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience doing stakeholder-focused quantitative work
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries, & clean Python or R analytic code
- Experience applying statistical & machine learning methods to business problems
- Ability to listen to, write for, & present to audiences with a range of quantitative experience
- Masters degree (or equivalent) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or a related field
- Looker or equivalent business intelligence tool
- NoSQL databases, particularly MongoDB
- Command line & git
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind & interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Learning tools including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, hack days, & conferences
- Organized lunches, happy hours, & team outings
At GameChanger we are
- We put our customers first, always asking, Will this enhance their youth sports experience?
- We deeply understand our customers & work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate & support our customers contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers & curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change & adversity.
- We value creative ideas & productivity over seniority & hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.