At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics & machine learning. Retailers & companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Engineering team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS spanning everything from Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, & Personalization. Being part of Boxeds Engineering team means youll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product managers, designers, & data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies & were excited to welcome engineers who are ready for a challenge & know how to think outside the box!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help us maintain & improve the quality of the systems supporting our data-driven platform that serves millions of customers worldwide. You will be responsible for building all aspects of a scalable data pipeline infrastructure, including collection, transformation, storage, querying, & retrieval of data.
Although our data platform is primarily written in Java & Python, we value any capable engineer who can think critically & learn quickly. We're hosted on Google Cloud Platform & leverage many of their services to power our platform. We are looking for engineers who are comfortable with a variety of server-side technologies & are determined self-starters with a strong passion for technology innovation.
- Work on our ETL pipeline, helping it scale with the growing data needs of our company
- Work with stakeholders, such as developers, analysts & data scientists, to ensure everyone in the company has access to the data they need
- Create data tools for analytics & data scientists that assist them in building & optimizing our products.
- Identify, design, & implement internal process/system improvements -- optimizing performance, reliability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation as well as unit tests to ensure code reliability & ease of maintenance
- Perform stress & load testing across various core services.
- Demonstrable results & products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with databases & data infrastructure (eg. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark)
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.