Iris Automation Inc is building an AI-based collision avoidance system that helps drones see the world how pilots do. By enabling Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to fly Beyond-Visual-Line-of-Sight (BVLOS), Iris is the critical missing piece that takes commercial drone operations from theoretical to functional. The company is based in San Francisco & is led by a team with experience at NASA, Boeing, & Nvidia, including PhDs in computer vision. Iris is a key partner on multiple FAA UAS Integration Pilot Programs, a participant of NASA's Unmanned Traffic Management program & a participant of Transport Canada's BVLOS Technology Demonstration Program.
As an integral member of the Flight Operations team, youll have a large impact on the future of the drone industry by performing data validation tasks that help improve the functionality of the Iris Collision Avoidance System.
This is a non-exempt position at $10.00 per hour with two vacancies as follows:
- Up to 25 hours per week with flexible office schedule
- 40 hours per week
What Youll Do:
- Assist with flight test data organization & classification.
- Testing & providing feedback on custom UAS software.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Ability to learn & train others on rapidly changing software.
- Ability to complete tasks under limited supervision.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office & Google Drive technology suites.
- Excited to work in a collaborative, small team environment.
- Familiarity with Ubuntu or other Linux operating systems
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.