As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
As a Data Analyst, Consumer Revenue you will work as part of the Analytics Team to communicate data-based successes & recommendations to stakeholders. You are analytical & creative in your data analysis, enjoy getting your hands dirty in many different data sets to investigate any problems, have a strong desire to develop an understanding of the business, our audience, & can clearly communicate results & recommendations to our product & editorial stakeholders.
You will have the opportunity to work with, & inform the direction of, a modern data stack including Airflow, Dagster, dbt, BigQuery, & Looker to manage data pipelines, ensure data integrity, & extract insights.
What youll do:
- You will collaborate with the consumer revenue & product teams by analyzing data to identify opportunities to improve our tactics for growing our subscriber base for New York Magazine & Vox Contributions
- Develop reports, dashboards, & tools to democratize insights to appropriate stakeholders.
- Ensure that our data collection is optimal, up to date, & in sync with product enhancements & features. Youll work to define technical implementation specifications that are resilient, & consistent with our larger implementation plan.
- Model raw data from a number of sources into meaningful, reliable, & well-documented tables to enable new areas of analysis.
- Effectively communicate approaches, frameworks, & findings to scale your work across the entire company through presentations, documentation, & memos to inform strategy.
What youll bring:
- You are comfortable analyzing & manipulating data with high-quality SQL
- You are fluent in writing Python to extract, manipulate, & analyze data
- You are interested in automation & building efficient processes & can think critically about building tools & solutions to meet analytics needs
- You are curious to discover opportunities, explain them, & follow through on solutions
- Youre able to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term & long-term projects simultaneously
- You are familiar with statistical methods for common business problems like forecasting, marketing attribution, A/B testing, etc
- You have strong written & verbal communication skills
- Bonus points if
- you have worked with one or more of dbt, BigQuery, Looker
- you have experience using Google Tag Manager (or a similar tool) to instrument data collection for web analytics
- you have experience in Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
More about Vox Media:
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.