This role will be focused on generating new sales leads for Group Nine & then turning them into ad revenue opportunities. Working to uncover the accounts not being called on by the national sales team, this individual will need to be self-motivated & hard working to reach out to as many potential clients as possible on a daily basis. Additionally, this person will handle all inbound sales leads that come in through the Advertise With Us section of our websites.
Reportingto the CRO of Thrillist this person will serve as our primary contact for these new leads, handling the sales & pitch process. This person will work with sales marketing & planning on developing the right pitch for their clients & then work with Account Management on executing those campaigns.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prospect potential leads
- Identify key industry sectors for revenue growth
- Analyze Industry trends
- Grow client direct relationships
- Build category partnerships with Direct-to-consumer brands
- Respond to inbound leads
- B.A. & 2-5 years of professional experience
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel & Google Apps
- 1+ years of ad sales/account management experience
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Professional & confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Aggressive, self-motivated seller
- Fun, friendly & outgoing: an all-around great person we all want to hang with
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 5 billion monthly video views & reaching 80% of U.S. adults in their 20s. As the no. 1 most engaging publisher on the social web, Group Nine's brands are built for consumption on the platforms where their millennial-focused audience spends the majority of their time. Group Nine is home to NowThis (the no. 1 most watched video news creator on social), The Dodo (the no. 1 animal brand on social), Thrillist (the most trusted brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment) & Seeker (the digital leader in science & innovation).
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, & much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employerand is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.