TheFork is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe, Australia & Latin America, with a network of more than 80,000 restaurants worldwide, more than 30.5 million monthly visits & present in 22+ countries around the globe. TheFork connects restaurants & diners. Through TheFork (website & application), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant according to preference criteria (such as the localization, type of cuisine, restaurant type & average price), consult user reviews, check real-time availability & instantly book online. From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, which enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations & ultimately improve service & revenues.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be part of the Data team, which is a transverse organization having a major role to support our Business.
You will report to the Data Science Manager and be part of a team of ~25 People including Data Engineers, Data Analyst, Web Analysts
The Data Team has 3 missions :
- Accelerate the Business thanks to data & insights
- Support company transformation towards a Data-driven Culture
- Develop a valuable & actionable data asset
As a key player in our recently created Data Science team, you will take the ownership on one or several Business-Data Domain(s), on which you will partner with Business teams to help them accelerating their strategy & related projects thanks to data science.
Your Business-Data Domain(s) will mainly focus on TheFork B2C Customers (Demand). You will develop a deep understanding of TheFork value proposition for B2C customers & business operations to serve them (Product, CRM, Customer support, etc) in order to deliver best in class data products involving Machine Learning to support decision-making & performance management.
Example of projects you could be involved in :
- Build recommendations algorithms to be integrated on our products (app, web)
- Improve the way restaurants are ranked in our search engine
- Computer Vision on restaurants photos in order to categorize them
The expected outcomes of your role are:
- High business value for Demand related projects in production
- Build with your mission team impactful projects around personalization, search or product content to be delivered in production
- Youll work with business teams, data stakeholders (ML Engineers, Data Analyst) & Product & Engineering teams in order to deliver well shaped, monitored & actionable projects for end users
- Scalable & performant assets
- All the assets produced to deliver these projects should be scalable, performant & cost efficient. Anyone in the team could be onboarded quickly & maintenance costs should be low
- Bring the Data Science team to the next level
- Data Science team upskilled around Deep Learning & at least one of the following application fields : Computer Vision, Ranking, NLP, Search, Recommendation
- Data Science team organization & technical stack improved in order to support the team growth & new projects requirements
- Grow our demand knowledge in collaboration with other data team members
- Have a deep understanding around demand related data (including web analytics data, logs from the B2C products...)
- Develop a strong expertise around recommendation, search, usage of data science in marketplaces etc...
- You are working in an autonomous, proactive & accountable way: you dont wait to be told what to do.
- You demonstrate an obsession towards excellence: you systematically consider that good is not enough & constantly consider how to improve & reach the next level of quality, performance & impact
- You play agile & fast: delivering in a fast-paced environment is an easy business for you. You are comfortable to manage several topics in parallel, with different stakeholders involved.
- You bring the outside in: seeking excellence, you have developed habits to benchmark & consider how other companies are doing, what best practices could be source of inspiration & systematically consider how they can apply in your specific business context
- You act as a team player, communicating efficiently & thinking collectively rather than individually (you can see the value bring by these collective concerns)
- You have a Masters Degree of an Engineering School with a specialization in mathematics, computer science or Data Science / a PhD in mathematics, physics or computer science
- You have almost 5 years of experience as a Data Scientist (at least 2 years for a PhD) in demand related topics (Data Science at scale for a marketplace, expertise around ranking problems)
- You have excellent analytical skills, involving data analysis & modeling, you are able to modelize complex problems, find the best insights in large datasets & summarize findings in a clear & actionable way
- You have a deep knowledge & industry experience in Deep Learning & at least one of the following topics : Computer Vision, Ranking, NLP, Search, Recommendation
- You have an excellent proficiency in Python & SQL in order to develop POCs & work on projects industrialization with ML Engineers
- Knowledge of MLops best practices would be appreciated
- Experience with AWS is a nice to have
- Your English is professional
- The position is based in Paris or Nantes