Multiplay are a leader in specialised infrastructure & hosting solutions for the gaming industry. We are responsible for bringing the worlds gamers together by making connected games incredibly easy to deploy & maintain. Our technology stack stretches all over the world & our technical operations team are at the forefront of keeping gamers online 24/7. Recently joining forces with Unity Technologies, Multiplay are preparing for greater success & rapid scale.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated engineers to join our operations team, build out our global footprint & assist with some of our growing pains. The mission is simple - make sure gamers can game. We use our expertise to make sure our technology stack is fully automated, placing a large focus on efficiency & resiliency to deliver our mission.
Our head is in the clouds, but our heart is in bare metal. You will be working on both physical & virtual infrastructure navigating all the challenges that come with working with full stack systems. You must be passionate about building high-performance, resilient platforms.
You will be required to take part in an on-call rotation (One week in four), which is shared between operations staff.
Gamers deserve the very best.
- Help develop, troubleshoot & maintain automated systems across our compute estate
- Review & improve non-automated systems
- Managing & resolving incidents across multiple globally-distributed teams
- Monitor high uptime, low latency services to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Diagnosing & fixing issues with our custom game scaling platform
- Troubleshooting & maintaining networks & servers, following issues from end to end in the technology stack
- Comfortable setting expectations when delivering projects to customers & internal teams
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as BASH, Python & NodeJS
- Hands-on knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools like Puppet or Ansible
- Deep knowledge of operating systems, particularly Linux with some limited Windows Server
- Good knowledge of server networking, IP Addressing & network diagnosis
- Familiar with widely open source technologies like Docker/NGINX/MySQL/Postgres
- Previous experience working with production 24/7 services
- Knowledge of InfluxDB & Grafana for monitoring & alerting
- Healthy obsession with automation
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the worlds most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR & AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, & were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology & working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus & Microsoft ensures optimized support for the latest technology & platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games & breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction & more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable & positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters & recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter & agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.