We are looking for a hands-on development engineering manager to help build out & staff a new Product Engineering team at Peloton. This newly formed team will focus on Product Engineering internal tech initiatives that will enable us to build our platform of the future. The team will partner with other Product Engineering API teams to chart out their roadmap. Some of the aspects we envision this team working on include: scalability efforts of the platform to enable 100% growth year over year, breaking apart a monolith system, improving our CI/CD & monitoring story, enabling teams to set up services with minimal effort, improving developer efficiency, building out a robust end-to-end test suite, & much more.
Power the Peloton Experience
As a member of Pelotons Product Engineering API team, youll be building out technology solutions that enable every user experience across our Bike, Tread, Mobile, Web, & TV platforms for a global audience. We enable our members to take live & on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciples, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, & much more. You will be leading & building out a team of talented engineers in ensuring our members get the best possible experience.
We are building an API that changes peoples lives, you can check out the Peloton members page & see what our users are up to https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelotonmembers/
- Staff & manage a team of engineers responsible for developing & ensuring our members have a world-class experience
- Implement best practices in architectural design & mentor the team in these practices
- Solid understanding of a Microservices Architecture, with deep knowledge & experience in designing & building services
- Motivate & drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1s & other forums as needed to support the group & individual development objectives of team members
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members from Design, Product, Program Management, Client teams, & UX to deliver against quarterly & annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives & driving new architecture.
- Instill a culture of automation, re-use & engineering efficiency
- Identify cross-functional dependencies & remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, & product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- 8+ years of software development experience, with experience building complex backend systems
- 3+ years of leadership experience in team leadership & technology management
- Passion for building a scalable backend architecture that supports a rapidly growing user base
- Well-proven understanding of system design, API design, & database design
- Ability to evaluate & communicate different engineering solutions & trade-offs
- Solid understanding & hands-on experience building out a CI/CD workflow & how to incorporate test automation into development flows
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team
- Ability to identify the strengths & weaknesses of individuals to maximize team effectiveness; guide individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring
- Ability to mediate between competing technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers
- Effectively communicate between teams & within teams to drive alignment & increase effectiveness on delivery
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience with transitioning from a monolith to an SOA
- Experience with Python & Kotlin development
- Roll up your sleeves & take on development work
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience be it the studio, product, or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.