Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students & recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 3rd – August 9th & allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry & explore an area of interest.
As an Art Intern in our Grand Central Publishing division, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals & gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, & attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking & career development opportunities.
Who you are:
• A rising junior or senior, graduate student, or recent graduate interested in exploring a career in book publishing & majoring or minoring in graphic design
• Interest in print production as well as digital assets
• Knowledge or interest in photo retouching
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team & contribute insights
• Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & an understanding of layout & typography.
What you will learn:
• Mechanical Production & routing
• Participating in your own design project
• Filing & other administrative duties as necessary (such as invoicing & onboarding of independent contractors).
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume, cover letter, & a sample of your work as a PDF or a link to your portfolio. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship.
To learn more about Grand Central Publishing check out our website: https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/imprint/grand-central-publishing/