Bonobos is looking for a Director of Visual Merchandising to join our already amazing Visual Merchandising team.
The Director of Visual Merchandising is responsible for creating the overall look & feel of the merchandising experience in our Guideshop locations, by way of cross functionally informed product knowledge, strategic styling/merchandising/window directives, customer & field team feedback, & trends in the industry.
While this role will be determining top-down direction of visual merchandising strategy, you will also be accountable for managing visual training, internal communications, display production, photo reviews, new store opening setups, visual collateral for marketing events, signage, & consistency across the field. Additionally, you will work with our Wholesale partners to bring that same Guideshop experience into wholesale locations across the country.
What you'll do...
- Drive visual merchandising strategy to help promote sales & brand identity in our brick & mortar stores
- Oversee the directive creation process as it relates to merchandising, styling, & window displays
- Collaborate with Marketing, Creative, PR, Merchandising, Planning & Guideshop teams to produce monthly roll outs that hone in on monthly initiatives
- Work with field teams on training for all visual standards & processes
- Manage budgets of travel, capex, display production, furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Manage & develop a team of visual professionals to help drive the monthly cadence of Visual Merchandising activities successfully into the field
- Execute displays at key Flagship locations
- Work hand in hand with New Store Opening teams to assure efficient & successful executions
- Provide insightful monthly photo review feedback for the field teams
- Have 7-10 years of visual merchandising experience with multi-unit & omni-channel brands whose work demonstrates seamless communications manifested within brick & mortar
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills that pertain to producing creative display & communications within a corporate work environment
- Possess excellent presentation & communication skills in order to effectively relay strategies
- Have strong comprehension of display production, visual merchandising standards & monthly floor set processes
- Have experience with creative budget management
- Experience with short term & long term training in relation to visual merchandising responsibilities across the field as well as aligning training internally
- Consider yourself to be flexible & quick thinking, & are able to work within a fast paced work environment
- Are able to travel, as needed, for new store openings
- Are physical agile in order to handle the active elements of the role
- Knowledgable of Keynote, Excel, Adobe Creative Suites, etc.
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy & positive energy - often over career experience
- Work hard because we love what were doing, but also believe in balance
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation & benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun, awesome coworkers & the rare tribal atmosphere that also values individuality
- Are committed to building a unique, fun & successful shopping experience
- Are excited to hear from you