When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
And were just getting started
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Operations teams are the foundation of our business.
Through localising our international strategy & product, they source & manage an increasing fleet of delivery partners & ensure the efficient & rapid delivery of all of our orders from our vast network of restaurant partners, to our increasing pool of hungry customers.
We are looking for talented individuals to add value to our team in this exciting opportunity to be part of an exciting startup, where they will make a difference.
Key Tasks / Responsibilities
- Defining our rider value proposition & then ensuring we are delivering against this
- Tailor strategies to each marketing channel determine where offline initiatives & campaigns can complement performance marketing
- Project lead - you will manage projects from planning to execution & collaborate in a wide range of other ad-hoc tasks!
- Understanding who our riders are & what they care about
- Understand the rider behaviours that drive efficiency in our fleet & overall delivery performance
- Defining & executing our rider marketing strategy including CRM
- Defining our rider engagement & content strategy including managing the channels through which we communicate to riders
- Analyse results to ensure we achieve acquisition targets, youll need to carefully analyse performance across channels, determine what is working & why, & advise alternative strategies where its not
- Make decisions you will be the point person for determining digital spend & channels for each initiative, working closely with central performance team to execute
- Team Development: we are looking for a strong leader who can set direction & help prioritise work in a fast moving & ambiguous environment. You will be able to manage & mentor your team & invest heavily in their development & progression
- Be self-motivated & able to drive project progress with minimal guidance
- Cross-Functional Stakeholder Management: You will need excellent collaboration & communication skills - building deep, trust based relationships with local markets & global teams across several functions.
- Project management: You will need to coordinate & lead projects cross-functionally & have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deep-dive to drive insights: Experience with quantitative data analysis & identifying actionable insights
- Master Degree in economics, marketing, or similar
- At least 2 years of experience in Marketing, Growth Hacker, Digital, Project Management
- Have a very strong analytical mind-set, be a critical thinker & have great attention to detail
- Ideally experience in a growing startup, digital company or similar.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you have helped build. We're moving real assets & reinventing the logistics of food delivery
- Work in a fun, exciting company culture with people who enjoy what they are doing
- Being part of a team instigating the expansion of a global brand
- The opportunity to make an impact & grow with the business
- Regular off-sites with the team
- Office lunches on Fridays & more than enough free food from Deliveroo
Life at Deliveroo
We are a growing team, with very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, were always looking for new ideas & were very transparent about the decisions we make & why we make them. No solution is owned by a particular team, which means the scope for growth & personal impact is enormous.
Benefits & Diversity
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.