Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Associate to join our Market P+L team remotely in Nashville.
At Oscar, we are working to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P+L teams manage the growth & business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, & other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct & improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements, infrastructures, & relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
You will report to our Southeast Market Leader.
As an Associate on the Southeast region team, you will:
- Be the market expert for your geographies. Be audible ready on the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates & how these aspects impact our overall growth, profitability, & risk in your markets
- Analyze & assess data to build programs & opportunities to improve the growth, profitability, & risk of your partners, your market, & the region (e.g end-to-end owner of big medical group / small hospital contracting, expansion, & negotiation opportunities, harvest strategies & utilization management projects)
- Partner with other teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, & other regional teams to achieve results for essential Oscar programs
- Run the face-off-strategy relationships with health system & provider partners, manage the relationship, optimizing the contract / partnership, & serve as the point of escalation for P&L responsibilities (settlements, contract negotiations / renegotiations)
- Be the point of escalation for all Associate responsibilities & support the territory lead / region lead in shepherding the team towards execution & results
- Expected Travel: 30%
Must-have qualifications & expertise include:
- A bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Experience in a client facing role
- Experience in process improvement & workflow design
- Experience conducting complex business performance analysis
- Experience in healthcare
- ACA marketplace, quality of care, & population health experience
- Existing relationships or network within Miami / Atlanta / Nashville
- Experience in a fast paced or startup environment
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.