Moda Operandi is an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover & shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce & content, Moda allows women to shop for whats new & whats next in designer fashion from the worlds leading emerging designers & luxury brands. Founded in 2010, Moda Operandi's mission is to make it easy for designers to grow their businesses & consumers to realize their personal style. Today, Modas platform carries more than 1,000 brands & designers across fashion, fine jewelry & home, ships to 125 countries.
We are seeking an experienced & collaborative Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team. The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments & controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying & reconciling invoices. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can assign invoices to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices & reconcile monthly statements with vendors.
This is a hybrid role with 1 day a week in our Brooklyn NYC office required.
Moda abides by the NYC vaccination mandate for workplaces, as such only candidates with completed covid-19 vaccinations will be considered for this role.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verify federal id numbers; scheduling & preparing checks
- Resolve purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies & documentation; ensures credit is received for outstanding memos; issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation & approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential & payment terms
- Process check requests
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files & documentation thoroughly & accurately, in accordance with company policy & accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Secondary support of scale operation
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel & Word
- Familiarity with Accounting Software Viewpoint preferred, however, not required
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational ability & a self-starter
- Ability to follow standard filing procedures
- Excellent attention to detail, professional attitude, reliable
- Effective corporate communications skills Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
Benefits of Joining Moda Operandi:
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Annual bonus program
- Generous PTO policy
- Summer Fridays
- Winter Recess
- Pet Insurance discounts
- Mental Health support including Head Space
- Wellness Program including memberships to HeadSpace, Carrot & OneMedical
- Generous merchandise discounts
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties & competencies. All requirements & skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.