Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely & securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, youre probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you cant tell were there.
We solve world-scale problems & provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths & allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills & a relentless focus on the customer, & we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
You will drive the strategy for the next-generation cloud payments platform, with a strong focus on scale, performance, security, & automation.
The Compute Team owns the AWS infrastructure & a Kubernetes-based Compute Platform which powers the Braintree merchant payment processing business. The Gateway Sustainability Team improves the performance, maintainability, reliability, & scalability of the public APIs at the heart of Braintrees payment processing.
The Streams Team maintains, operates, & improves Braintrees Kafka infrastructure, & builds platforms for data streams & asynchronous event processing powering all aspects of Braintrees stack.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with leadership, customers, & stakeholders to move big rocks forward, balancing competing needs & distilling a coherent strategy
- Drive initiatives to grow the scale of our platform, reduce complexity, & burn down technical debt
- Translate platform customers current & future needs into self-service products
- Coach & support engineers on the team, guide their professional development, with a strong focus on feedback & growth
- Partner with technical leadership to drive the direction of our evolving architecture
- Lead with empathy & trust
- Participate in enterprise-wide security & compliance initiatives
- Build a deep understanding of how our products & infrastructure work & are built
- Emphasize engineering best practices, iterative progress, risk management, & delivering value
- Lead by meeting people where they are at & building bridges to where you need them to go
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in engineering management
- 7+ years of software engineering or operations experience
- Experience building solutions in the Cloud (ideally on AWS)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
We know the confidence gap & imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!