As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
New York Magazines Social Content Producer is responsible for the brands extension & presence on social platforms, primarily Instagram. This position actively engages with the entire team at New York magazine to promote high-level projects & big stories across social channels.
- Drive engagement by showcasing NYMags features, special projects, podcasts, & events on social platforms.
- Create visual assets to promote content from across all verticals on social platforms
- Develop social content of special projects that stands out among the noise
- Drive audience loyalty by building a core, engaged audience by producing Lives, takeovers, & Reels
- Work with the podcast team to promote various podcasts across NYMag channels
- Manage communications with editors & writers to create social-specific promotions of their stories
- Work with marketing & branded content on new campaigns & advertising initiatives
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
- 1-3 years experience managing & creating content for social media account(s), including Instagram, for a media/publishing company
- In-depth understanding of engagement metrics & audience growth strategies
- Proven experience using Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, AfterEffects, & Premiere
- Ability to manage shifting priorities & tight deadlines associated with a fast-paced news cycle
- Strong understanding & passion for the editorial sensibility of the New York magazine
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights & weekends
- Bachelor degree required, preferably in journalism or related field
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.