Knotel is looking for an Accounting Manager to play a key role in building a scalable infrastructure with strong internal controls. This is a full-time role working in our NYC Headquarters. S/he will work cross-departmentally to develop good habits within the team & globally across the company for relevant, concise, accurate, & timely knowledge sharing.
Successful members of the Knotel team embrace curiosity, integrity, hospitality & tenacious problem-solving. Speed bumps are seen as opportunities to showcase one's skill. As a fast-growing startup, the ability to create & adhere to scalable processes with strong controls & juggle multiple priorities is a must. Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-currency and/or public company is highly desired.
Supervisory & Collaborative:
- Mentoring, recruiting & on-boarding team & ensuring adequate cross-training & documentation
- Owning General Accounting processes, including streamlining, adequacy of accruals & reviewing account reconciliations
- Mentor & develop team & ensure adequate cross-training & documentation
- Partner with colleagues across the company & within the team to implement & integrate new & optimize existing systems
- Provide requests for internal & external audits as well as annual tax filings
- Ensure accurate 1099 processing & reporting
- Ensure month end close deadlines are met
- Develop reporting; proactively providing value-added analysis & metrics
- Support Internal & External Audits as well as annual tax filing
- Refining, documenting & maintaining standard operating procedures & controls policies
- Developing ERP reporting expertise; proactively providing value-added analysis
- Play a lead role in supporting cross- & intra-team systems implementations/enhancements
- Proactively identify & implement process improvements
The Ideal Candidate
- 6-10 years related experience, with at least 2 years of proven success managing a small team
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.) & strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of Accounting best practices
- A passion for & experience leveraging systems & driving process improvements
- High energy level with a hands-on approach
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil & Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, & operatescustom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, & was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup & New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotels member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, & Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Dont check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Dont Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home & give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal & back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure & sign up for the hairy challenges.
Where is it Engraved- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others & offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual & collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, & religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts & initiatives outlined here.